William
Last Name
reed
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1WTR
Service Branch
Army
I came home from work to find a Gazelle lounging on my front step! (T3X)
Pictured inside is my cot (34"x79") & table (20" sq)
The cot will not fit into the corner of the tent, so it is approximately 12" in from the corners. I'm 6'-2" & I can stand if I bend my knees a bit.

View attachment 185835View attachment 185836View attachment 185837
Thank you for this!!! I got the notification that the T3X was available before I found this forum, otherwise I would have ordered through here. I plan on using a cot, but was unsure of how it would fit in there. I have a Coleman Trailhead 2 which I wasnt sure how tight it would be, but it looks like it will fit just fine. I cant wait for spring....WAY too cold for me to get out there right now :)

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I have a T3 and it sleeps two comfortably on sleeping pads or one on a cot situated in the middle of the tent as @MuckSavage also stated. I'm 6'4" Tall so my cot is 78" long and it doesn't touch the walls when setup in the middle, close but leaves a couple inches on each side I believe. Either way it's all I need when camping by myself and very comfortable. The Cot I have is in the link below.

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
I have a T3 and it sleeps two comfortably on sleeping pads or one on a cot situated in the middle of the tent as @MuckSavage also stated. I'm 6'4" Tall so my cot is 78" long and it doesn't touch the walls when setup in the middle, close but leaves a couple inches on each side I believe. Either way it's all I need when camping by myself and very comfortable. The Cot I have is in the link below.

Thanks.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

You and I had this discussion about a year ago. I thought I ordered the tent you show here and it was the one I wanted after talking to you. The one they sent me is 80" L x 33" W wide with a completely different frame. I fell ill about the time it came in or I would have sent it back. It is not the one you show here and the return time expired so I am stuck with it or will sell it to someone who wants a BIG comfortable cot. I have not even unpacked it yet. It is a Red Swing. This is what they sent me.

Last edited:

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I went from the original T3 to the T4. I kind of prefer the T3 when I reflect upon this since I primarily camping alone. There really is a big difference between the two when it comes to pack size. On the other hand, it's nice to have some extra room if I'm camping for an extended period of time and the weather turns bad.

I believe my cot is a Cabela's cot. It's the perfect size for my Exped MegaMat, but I absolutely hate setting it up. It's next to impossible for me to pull the end bar tight to complete the setup. I like some of the lower cots, but many of them are too small to fit the MegaMat and/or they are incredibly expensive (though so was the Exped MegaMat).

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
Question for you Gazelle tent guys. Did you seal it or spray with something like NikWax to further waterproof it ?
Nope. I haven't touched it with any additional waterproofing.
Haven't had to do anything to ours yet. Spent 2 days in straight downpour and didn't have any water issues inside. I have heard of some sayin they used a treatment though. Just haven't felt the need to.

Reactions: MiamiC70

cgranier

Rank VI

Trail Blazer II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Granier
Member #

I have the T4Plus. Used it once and will use it again this weekend with the new cots we got. I'll update y'all once we get back. Attached are some pics with the cots inside, for reference:

Attachments

syncro

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Tim
Last Name
K
Member #

I came home from work to find a Gazelle lounging on my front step! (T3X)
Pictured inside is my cot (34"x79") & table (20" sq)
The cot will not fit into the corner of the tent, so it is approximately 12" in from the corners. I'm 6'-2" & I can stand if I bend my knees a bit.

View attachment 185835View attachment 185836View attachment 185837
Does this mean two cots is probably a no? (probably)

I'm 6'6. Wife is 5'10. We're done with our backpacking tents and thermarests and are strongly considering the T3 and T4. At the same time, we're on the fence between two cots (at least one would be 80") or one of those biggie Exped double mattresses. I think the T3 would be fine with the Exped, but if we want the cots, we'll probably end up with at least one really long one (like the Teton universal at 84" or similar) and need to go with the T4. I'm almost tempted to get a T3 AND a T4, pick my favorite after a couple uses, then then sell the other with the second wave of summer gear shortages hits (again).

syncro

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Tim
Last Name
K
Member #

I have the T4Plus. Used it once and will use it again this weekend with the new cots we got. I'll update y'all once we get back. Attached are some pics with the cots inside, for reference:
oh, I missed this while I was typing my other post. How long are those coleman cots (or what model)? They look a tight fit in the T4 Plus "room".

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Does this mean two cots is probably a no? (probably)

I'm 6'6. Wife is 5'10. We're done with our backpacking tents and thermarests and are strongly considering the T3 and T4. At the same time, we're on the fence between two cots (at least one would be 80") or one of those biggie Exped double mattresses. I think the T3 would be fine with the Exped, but if we want the cots, we'll probably end up with at least one really long one (like the Teton universal at 84" or similar) and need to go with the T4. I'm almost tempted to get a T3 AND a T4, pick my favorite after a couple uses, then then sell the other with the second wave of summer gear shortages hits (again).
Go for the t4, the t3 will only take one large cot because it needs to be in the middle of the tent. I have an 80" x 33" cot and it fills up the t3 pretty good. An 84" cot would never fit IMO. Buy once and be happy you did.

Reactions: syncro

cgranier

Rank VI

Trail Blazer II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Granier
Member #

oh, I missed this while I was typing my other post. How long are those coleman cots (or what model)? They look a tight fit in the T4 Plus "room".
The Colemans are 75 and 81. The one in the main room, next to the King Goanna is 81".

It's a tight fit, though not as tight as the King Goanna, which extends into the other room.

I'll have more data after this weekend when we get to actually set them up in a real camping situation.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
You will love it...

cgranier

Rank VI

Trail Blazer II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Granier
Member #

You will love it...
Used to have a Coleman instant tent. Although it was spacious, it leaked like it was thirsty. Returned it to Amazon after a couple of weekends.

Went for the larger Gazelle (even though each room is a bit smaller) and took it to the Everglades. Loved being able to sleep with all the windows and roof open. The front room is just amazing for the views.

The full moon was like sleeping under a street lamp, though, ha ha ha.

After that trip, we decided to order some cots and get a proper sleep. We get to try them out this weekend. There's a possibility of rain, so I'll get to test the rain fly and some new tarp poles.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Used to have a Coleman instant tent. Although it was spacious, it leaked like it was thirsty. Returned it to Amazon after a couple of weekends.

Went for the larger Gazelle (even though each room is a bit smaller) and took it to the Everglades. Loved being able to sleep with all the windows and roof open. The front room is just amazing for the views.

The full moon was like sleeping under a street lamp, though, ha ha ha.

After that trip, we decided to order some cots and get a proper sleep. We get to try them out this weekend. There's a possibility of rain, so I'll get to test the rain fly and some new tarp poles.
We used ours in a monsoon rain last summer... everything stayed dry... just make sure to stake out the fly as the instructions show (more to keep the fly from blowing up)

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

You and I had this discussion about a year ago. I thought I ordered the tent you show here and was the one I wanted after talking to you. The one they sent me is 80" L x 33" W wide with a completely different frame. I fell ill about the time it came in or I would have sent it back. It is not the one you show here and the return time expired so I am stuck with it or will sell it to someone who wants a BIG comfortable cot. I have not even unpacked it yet. It is a Red Camp.

• Wow
Reactions: Viking1204