Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

I don't own a Chevy but a former co-worker of mine has a newer model 2500 with 35s and 6" lift. Even with a 6" lift he still had to trim metal. His wheel offset could be a factor here though as his wheels are rather wide and definitely have a negative offset. I've heard budget lifts on the Chevys are more prone to rub also; apparently they reduce the track width and adversely affect suspension geometry.
ya I have the rough country 3.5" with the new knuckle. Then changed out the UCA for the Icon UCA with Delta joint. Wheels are 13mm offset, so the tires just barely are wider than the truck.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Alright everyone, Finally did it! Here are the details.
3.5" lift
35" BFG KO2 12.5 wide
Replaced from bumper with Westin automotive Promod bumper
Norcal Cut the back of front wheel wells. (added about 1.5" of clearance and did it clean so it looks factory when plactic is put back on)
didn't regear as I have the tow package on my truck with 3.73 gears. Its pushing my luck but handing it fine. View attachment 104608
Mind if I ask what rack you have in the back?

Enthusiast I

Surprise, AZ, USA
First Name
cash
Last Name
martinez
Alright everyone, Finally did it! Here are the details.
3.5" lift
35" BFG KO2 12.5 wide
Replaced from bumper with Westin automotive Promod bumper
Norcal Cut the back of front wheel wells. (added about 1.5" of clearance and did it clean so it looks factory when plactic is put back on)
didn't regear as I have the tow package on my truck with 3.73 gears. Its pushing my luck but handing it fine. View attachment 104608

how do you like the kc lights on the cowl? Do you get any glare?

joelbalderas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Houston
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Balderas
ya I have the rough country 3.5" with the new knuckle. Then changed out the UCA for the Icon UCA with Delta joint. Wheels are 13mm offset, so the tires just barely are wider than the truck.
Why did you change out the Rough Country UCAs? I’m planning a similar lift for a 2011 Suburban. Want to keep it low and do 35s.

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
Most people that have to trim are running -44 offset, but it seems if you keep the tires under the body they wont rub as bad. My 11 had +12 offset and they sat flush with the body.

stone150

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stone
Most people that have to trim are running -44 offset, but it seems if you keep the tires under the body they wont rub as bad. My 11 had +12 offset and they sat flush with the body.
What bumper are you running on your truck?

Reactions: Razorrc

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
thanks!, not many great options for 16+ sierras out there.
Definitely, that's why I chose the ADD lite bumper. I hate the big bulky bumpers like ranch hand. ADD does have a winch bumper but chose against it due to building a front receiver hitch so I can have a winch front or rear.

xledpipex

Rank 0

Contributor I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kuyper
Member #

Dirt King Fabrication offers kits around $5500 with King 3.0's in the front and King 2.5's in the rear, that will clear 37", this does not include regearing or wheels and tires, nor installation costs. 2wd Long Travel 2015 Chevy Silverado

On another note I am running 33" tires 275/70/18 on stock suspension, removed air dam and trimmed front wheel well, slight rubbing on control arms at full turn, articulation seems pretty decent. I found it rather capable, took it off road outside of Moab.

Attachments

Wile_Coyote

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Fe, NM, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
da Gearhead
Member #

^^^ What is your wheel off-set. This does make a difference in how big your tires can be, relative to your lift.

xledpipex

Rank 0

Contributor I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kuyper
Member #

Those long travel kits require glass fenders and bedsides also.
Fiberwerx has just that for roughly $1500-2000, that kit is a serious build, not really an overland setup. I wanted to illustrate that excessively tall lift kits are not necessary to accommodate 35's,a carefully thought out setup can provide one with the clearance desired.

Red Stick

Rank 0

Contributor I

Fiberwerx has just that for roughly $1500-2000, that kit is a serious build, not really an overland setup. I wanted to illustrate that excessively tall lift kits are not necessary to accommodate 35's,a carefully thought out setup can provide one with the clearance desired.
I’m with you on not lifting to tall. I mistook your post implying you could stuff 37’s on a GM with 3 inches of lift alone.

Looks like the OP got it right with coil overs, UCA’s and a little diff drop to fit his 35’s. That’s the perfect setup for these trucks IMO.

For what it’s worth I’m running 18x9 -12 offset on 34x12’s with 2.25 of lift on a 2017 Sierra 1500.

Reactions: dp454so

xledpipex

Rank 0

Contributor I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kuyper
Member #

I’m with you on not lifting to tall. I mistook your post implying you could stuff 37’s on a GM with 3 inches of lift alone.

Looks like the OP got it right with coil overs, UCA’s and a little diff drop to fit his 35’s. That’s the perfect setup for these trucks IMO.

For what it’s worth I’m running 18x9 -12 offset on 34x12’s with 2.25 of lift on a 2017 Sierra 1500.
I think I am pretty set on going with Fox shocks all around, 2.5 coilovers with external reservoirs, with new upper controls arms to correct the camber and diff drop kit, low profile bumpers, and maybe do 34's; and call it good there.

Reactions: dp454so

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

Some Update information...
Changed my suspension to the Icon stage 5 (blew out my stock coilovers on mojave trail and broke my stock UCA)
This lowered me to a 3" lift from the 3.5" I was at. I need to now find smaller blocks for the rear as I have a decent rake in my stance now.
But I was still able to squeeze from 35x12.5 Falken Wildpeaks in there (with a little more wheel well liner trimming and a few zip ties. haha
Added a bit more light also...
truck-7.jpgtruck-2.jpgtruck-3.jpg