First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Some Update information...
Changed my suspension to the Icon stage 5 (blew out my stock coilovers on mojave trail and broke my stock UCA)
This lowered me to a 3" lift from the 3.5" I was at. I need to now find smaller blocks for the rear as I have a decent rake in my stance now.
But I was still able to squeeze from 35x12.5 Falken Wildpeaks in there (with a little more wheel well liner trimming and a few zip ties. haha
Added a bit more light also...
View attachment 131678View attachment 131679View attachment 131680
Bad a$$ setup man! You're one of the few Silverado/Overlanders on YouTube too.

Reactions: JCWages and 805RADO

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Some Update information...
Changed my suspension to the Icon stage 5 (blew out my stock coilovers on mojave trail and broke my stock UCA)
This lowered me to a 3" lift from the 3.5" I was at. I need to now find smaller blocks for the rear as I have a decent rake in my stance now.
But I was still able to squeeze from 35x12.5 Falken Wildpeaks in there (with a little more wheel well liner trimming and a few zip ties. haha
Added a bit more light also...
View attachment 131678View attachment 131679View attachment 131680
Can you ditch the blocks and use lift shackles? That's what I did on my Canyon. I don't like using blocks over 1.5".

Keep up the great work on the channel!

stone150

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stone
Dirt King Fabrication offers kits around $5500 with King 3.0's in the front and King 2.5's in the rear, that will clear 37", this does not include regearing or wheels and tires, nor installation costs. 2wd Long Travel 2015 Chevy Silverado

On another note I am running 33" tires 275/70/18 on stock suspension, removed air dam and trimmed front wheel well, slight rubbing on control arms at full turn, articulation seems pretty decent. I found it rather capable, took it off road outside of Moab.
What trail was that?

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Can you ditch the blocks and use lift shackles? That's what I did on my Canyon. I don't like using blocks over 1.5".

Keep up the great work on the channel!
Ive been using 2-3" adjustable shackles on my colorado 2.8 duramax and have been having problems with the exhaust tip rubbing on the shackle and heating up the leaf bushing. Im about to switch to blocks to get rid of the problem ill likely have to make some heim joint rods and build traction bars so that nasty axle wrap will quit. To be fair i already get axle wrap with the shackles and was planning on trac or ladder bars eventually anyhow.

Reactions: JCWages

GR8WHTE

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Verrastro
Member #

@805RADO, truck looks great!
I am a new member out of Socal and getting my rig dialed in slowly.
Currently 14 Silverado CCSB 4x LTZ
2.5 kings front and back (truck sits 2.5” taller)
Camburg uppers
315/70/17 wildpeak at3w (very minor trimming required)
Lowrance GPS (usually running leadnav on the I phone )
Rugged handheld 5w radio with antenna mounted to roof
Mobile WiFi (Verizon jet pack) with additional antenna mounted on roof for boosted signal
Shell on the back
Didn’t really want to build our drawers because I use the bed to haul things around still
In the future I’m thinking about selling the shell and doing a rack with an RTT we will see !0A469507-C048-40E6-893A-3280C2DA48AC.jpeg

Wile_Coyote

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Fe, NM, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
da Gearhead
Member #

DMV92hb, you stated you are running 315/70R17 tires with very little trimming. What wheels are your running with how much off-set? The off-set is the most important factor with larger tires; pushes the tire out or keeps it in. Based on the picture, I'm guessing a 0mm off-set....

GR8WHTE

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Verrastro
Member #

DMV92hb, you stated you are running 315/70R17 tires with very little trimming. What wheels are your running with how much off-set? The off-set is the most important factor with larger tires; pushes the tire out or keeps it in. Based on the picture, I'm guessing a 0mm off-set....
That is correct, 0 off set!

Wile_Coyote

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Fe, NM, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
da Gearhead
Member #

So, how much trimming do you have to do? I currently have a level on my '17, but am moving towards a CST 4.5. I'm also running 0mm offset on 9x17 wheels. My plan is to also go to 315/70 or 35x17 tires.

GR8WHTE

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Verrastro
Member #

So, how much trimming do you have to do? I currently have a level on my '17, but am moving towards a CST 4.5. I'm also running 0mm offset on 9x17 wheels. My plan is to also go to 315/70 or 35x17 tires.
I can snap some pictures tomorrow for you, but i had to cut out a section of the carpeted wheel well liner, there was some metal that i had to hit with the grinder and flapper disk to clean it up and coated in a flat black.

If you are going to a 4.5 kit you should need close to know trimming is my assumption with a 315. If you have any more questions let me know!

Wile_Coyote

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Fe, NM, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
da Gearhead
Member #

I can snap some pictures tomorrow for you, but i had to cut out a section of the carpeted wheel well liner, there was some metal that i had to hit with the grinder and flapper disk to clean it up and coated in a flat black.

If you are going to a 4.5 kit you should need close to know trimming is my assumption with a 315. If you have any more questions let me know!
hmmmm, that cutting out the carpeted wheel well liner sounds like some extended surgery. I did that on my old '99 4Runner to fit '37 tires, but I'm not too sure I want to do that on this rig.... not yet. Maybe If I SAS the rig, then I'd consider that route.

Yeah, I'd like to see some pics of this extended surgery. Would be interesting to see another perspective on this type of clearance work.

GR8WHTE

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Verrastro
Member #

hmmmm, that cutting out the carpeted wheel well liner sounds like some extended surgery. I did that on my old '99 4Runner to fit '37 tires, but I'm not too sure I want to do that on this rig.... not yet. Maybe If I SAS the rig, then I'd consider that route.

Yeah, I'd like to see some pics of this extended surgery. Would be interesting to see another perspective on this type of clearance work.
The carpeted liner was cut out using a pair of tin snips, not intrusive at all. I will take some photos tomorrow post them up for you!

Reactions: VRRAM

Gooff331

Rank I

Contributor III

Grantsville, UT, USA
First Name
Geoff
Last Name
Rains
The carpeted liner was cut out using a pair of tin snips, not intrusive at all. I will take some photos tomorrow post them up for you!
Nice rig Lost.Rado! I have pretty much the same truck as you color and all. Looking to fit 315/70r17s as well. I don't have any issue cutting some inner wheel well metal I was just curious how much grinding and trimming you had to do.

Wile_Coyote

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Fe, NM, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
da Gearhead
Member #

Guess I can reply to my own thought process.
I ended up going with a CST 4.5" lift (installed it myself to make sure it was installed right), along with the CST adjustable coil-overs in the front.
I then installed an add-a-leaf in the rear with some blocks to maintain the rake.
I also have a Diamond-Back bed cover that holds my two 5-gallon gas cans, and two 5-gallong water jugs.
I installed a 10k hidden winch behind the front bumper for when things get really knarly.
All of this is riding on 35x12.5x17 tires and 0* off-set wheels.

The ride is incredible; much, much better than stock.

Eventually, I'll be swapping gears from 3.43 to 4.11 to allow more torque to be put to the tires.
Thus far though, the truck has been rock solid, reliable, and fun to drive.

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gomez
I’m on a 2inch leveling kit in front and 1 inch leveling kit in the back. My rims are 17x8 and I threw on some bfg 35s KO2 . I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 . I noticed it does rub a bit when fully lock wheel. So far so good . I’ll keep you guys updated. I haven’t cut anything. Here’s a comparison photo from stock general grabbers to bfg 35s

Attachments

Reactions: RoarinRow