Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Nice idea. I agree with all above who don't want their names included.
Also, the "defender" idea sounds like a good one.
Not sure where I'd fall into this one but...
Mifflin Township Division of Fire (10 years)
Department photographer...
www.mifflinfirephoto.com

Reactions: Bjorn44 and Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I think they look sharp!!! I agree wholeheartedly with one of our officers in the rank. We need to honor our LEO’s but more importantly, we need to protect them. I’m not a fan of having our rank or anything easy for the public to identify us, ie. “Officer Smith”. I do like the idea of maybe a star of life for EMS, Maltese cross for Fire / Rescue, and a badge for LEO. I think they should be clear for members to recognize, but subtle for the general public to walk right past without noticing. Maybe the font could simply read “Defender” on all of them. Kind of like the defender or guardian badge. And the small symbol would identify our profession. Then we could extend this edition to military personnel using the symbol from their respective branch of the service. You can use guardian for public safety and use defender for military. Just brainstorming, hope it helps bro!
Thank you for the feedback - the txt on the rockers are custom and it can say whatever you would like.

renodemona

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TCT
Great Idea, would order one when available (though I would probably go with 'back the badge' or something as the text. 10 years and counting with NHP.

Reactions: Michael

Flying fuzz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, WA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
C
Member #

I agree with what @Sheepdog831 stated, as LE I wouldn't like Ofc. in front of my last name posted on my POV. I like the Defender idea or the badge and custom text, maybe the shield with my badge number or designator. Either way thank you for putting in the effort on these! I think they are solid, count me in for a LE rocker and a veteran anchor.

Not sure if I overlooked it but have you advised on how to purchase these once available? Someone had asked earlier but I did not see a response.

theMightyGoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Gossett
Member #

Good stuff! I would even like a general "First Responder" rocker or something similar. No need to be identified with any specific sub-group. All first responders risk their lives at different times/events. A catchall would probably be easier to produce, and subtler to display. Just a thought. Love the respect.

Tallen79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jamestown, Fentress County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Erskine
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8KTR
Hey all,

This is a drawing! By popular demand, we are creating metal rockers that will fit seamlessly on the bottom of your Overland Bound Emblem. We are about to do a test production run of the first rocker, which will be specifically designed for First Responders.

We would like to produce the first one for an existing Overland Bound Member.

If you are a first Responder, Police, Fire, Medical, please respond to this thread and we will produce the first rocker for a lucky winner.

Rockers will be available in a few categories including first responders, military, olb benefactor, member, etc, and will have a unique icon for each. Members will then be able to put a custom phrase, laser etched on the rocker. It can be unit, name, or other designation. We will add more, and we are still thinking of new rocker categories. Now I know what you are thinking, "Jeep! Toyota! Land Rover!", but we cannot use those logos due to copyright issues, unfortunately.

I'd also love to hear your thoughts!

First Responder Icon:
View attachment 44621

View attachment 44622
Not sure if this is still going on but I am definitely interested.

Travis
Firefighter/Paramedic-16 yrs
State of Ohio Corrections Officer

Reactions: DYRTPRO

CountryRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northwest, Boise, Idaho 83714, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Petrocelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6WCQ
This is a great idea. Question? What about volunteers working with their local SAR “search and rescue” being on the list? I’m asking because that is something I’ve been doing for 3 years. Working with the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office Search & Rescue team. The training and commitment is a big deal. To be on the ready to respond to a call-out and to have all the gear, skills and knowledge to safely preform while rescuing a subject. Most are medical certified as EMR, Advanced medical, wilderness medical certified. Understand tracking, orienteering, repealing, ATV, Boat, and Helo trained. No one is paid this is all volunteer and if you find yourself in a situation where you need a qualified SAR team to come find your or someone you know you’ll be glad they showed up. Your thoughts and thank you to all first responders paid or volunteering.

CountryRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northwest, Boise, Idaho 83714, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Petrocelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6WCQ
This is a great idea. Question? What about volunteers working with their local SAR “search and rescue” being on the list? I’m asking because that is something I’ve been doing for 3 years. Working with the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office Search & Rescue team. The training and commitment is a big deal. To be on the ready to respond to a call-out and to have all the gear, skills and knowledge to safely preform while rescuing a subject. Most are medical certified as EMR, Advanced medical, wilderness medical certified. Understand tracking, orienteering, repealing, ATV, Boat, and Helo trained. No one is paid this is all volunteer and if you find yourself in a situation where you need a qualified SAR team to come find your or someone you know you’ll be glad they showed up. Your thoughts and thank you to all first responders paid or volunteering.
And oh by the way if I'm a candidate for this new project add me to the list.