First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all,

This is a drawing! By popular demand, we are creating metal rockers that will fit seamlessly on the bottom of your Overland Bound Emblem. We are about to do a test production run of the first rocker, which will be specifically designed for First Responders.

We would like to produce the first one for an existing Overland Bound Member.

If you are a first Responder, Police, Fire, Medical, please respond to this thread and we will produce the first rocker for a lucky winner.

Rockers will be available in a few categories including first responders, military, olb benefactor, member, etc, and will have a unique icon for each. Members will then be able to put a custom phrase, laser etched on the rocker. It can be unit, name, or other designation. We will add more, and we are still thinking of new rocker categories. Now I know what you are thinking, "Jeep! Toyota! Land Rover!", but we cannot use those logos due to copyright issues, unfortunately.

I'd also love to hear your thoughts!

First Responder Icon:
sheild.jpg

OverlandBoundEmblemRockers.jpg

JR402

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Manteca, CA
Member #

Very cool idea and great show of support for first responders, military, and other civil servants. Love the podcasts BTW, highly recommend them - funny to see all the similarities in the challenges we all run into in our adventures.

John
CHP Officer and
Chief Petty Officer, US Coast Guard Reserve

Last edited:

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

As a former Marine and current Deputy Sheriff, I like the concept. I don't think my name would be ideal though, since I'm a current LEO. Maybe a seven point star for the icon and Deputy for the title. Hate to say it, but cops aren't popular in CA these days, so I don't need my rig keyed or worse.

JR402

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Manteca, CA
Member #

As a former Marine and current Deputy Sheriff, I like the concept. I don't think my name would be ideal though, since I'm a current LEO. Maybe a seven point star for the icon and Deputy for the title. Hate to say it, but cops aren't popular in CA these days, so I don't need my rig keyed or worse.
Agreed, which is why I have the same reservations about LEO indicia on my rig as well. Got a big red truck, so maybe people will think I’m a firefighter, people love firefighters.

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

Agreed, which is why I have the same reservations about LEO indicia on my rig as well. Got a big red truck, so maybe people will think I’m a firefighter, people love firefighters.
Right? Everybody loves Fire. Be safe brother, these are difficult times.

Reactions: Michael

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What about a generic public safety rocker

Tex68w

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Victoria, Texas
Member #

I am game for former military with branch logo and years of service on the banner. Very cool idea especially if you offer it beyond just active first responders.

Reactions: Michael

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
I like the idea, minus the name for PERSEC.

I’m a SARTECH for Ottawa County SAR.

Reactions: Michael and Road