First Responders - Overland Bound Emblem Rocker

• HTML tutorial

motorpig60

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mason, OH
Member #

Michael, thank you very much for the support of public safety. I agree with others about not putting LEO identifying items on your rig but, I think this logo is fine, as it doesn't scream "Cop!" I would put my unit number or something like that. I think it would still be fairly discreet.

Chris
-Police Officer
-Paramedic
-former **cough** firefighter **cough**

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
Michael, thank you very much for the support of public safety. I agree with others about not putting LEO identifying items on your rig but, I think this logo is fine, as it doesn't scream "Cop!" I would put my unit number or something like that. I think it would still be fairly discreet.

Chris
-Police Officer
-Paramedic
-former **cough** firefighter **cough**
OUCH Chris, that last comment stings a bit. Notice on my post I didn't mention anything about why firefighters are around so cops have heroes....LOL! It's all in good fun. Stay safe brother, we're ALL family in BLUE.

atIOIYIOI

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingston, Ontario
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3BWR
Service Branch
Fire Rescue
Love this idea! Would go great with the green flashing light in my FZJ80!

Firefighter 553
South Frontenac Fire Rescue.
(Fully volunteer department)

Reactions: Michael

motorpig60

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mason, OH
Member #

OUCH Chris, that last comment stings a bit. Notice on my post I didn't mention anything about why firefighters are around so cops have heroes....LOL! It's all in good fun. Stay safe brother, we're ALL family in BLUE.
Definitely! All in good fun. I was a Medic on the SWAT team for about 7 years while I was a FF. The Police Chief poached me about 6 years ago to make the switch.

Reactions: Bjorn44 and Michael

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I like this idea a lot, and know I'll be proud to add a rocker to my emblem for First Aid (actually just signed up for another class) then Wilderness EMT, and hopefully SAR at some point if I live long enough ;)

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thank you all for the responses.

The current thinking is the generic First Responder icon shown for Police, Fire, First Aid (including inactive), and a separate Military/Armed Forces icon for current and veteran service members. In the text field you can write whatever you would like as long as it is family friendly and fits the space.

M

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Former Marine

Currently Nuclear Security Armed Responder

Yea, would rather have "Veteran" or something ambiguous.

Reactions: Bjorn44

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
The lucky winner was random number 7! @Paul Bearce ! (lucky number 7 haha)

@Paul Bearce Please let me know what you would like the laser etching to say! We are guessing at this point since this is the first one produced, but I think 16 characters including spaces should be fine. You can email michael@overlandbound.com or post it here!

Congrats, and thank you for the feedback everyone! We will have a Military Icon available soon as well!

M

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
The lucky winner was random number 7! @Paul Bearce ! (lucky number 7 haha)

@Paul Bearce Please let me know what you would like the laser etching to say! We are guessing at this point since this is the first one produced, but I think 16 characters including spaces should be fine. You can email michael@overlandbound.com or post it here!

Congrats, and thank you for the feedback everyone! We will have a Military Icon available soon as well!

M
Wow! I am pleasantly surprised and honored to be the first to display this rocker dedicated to those who serve. I'd like to honor my first position in my department, it has been the foundation of my career. So I'd like to have the following etching - if possible - RRFD FireMedic
Thank you for this great idea and for choosing me as the recipient.

Lvfunnyfarm

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, Nv
First Name
Candi
Last Name
Skehan
Member #

25 years and counting LVMPD (Las Vegas Metro Police)! Would like the rocker to read “Vegas Strong”, Love the support!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Do Search and Rescue Volunteers count? We are unpaid, and donate our time, talent and treasures to help others.

Just a thought, I also understand this may not be of the same importance as Police, Fire, EMS etc who put it on the line everyday. In fact, I kinda sound like an ass for even asking compared to them!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Wow! I am pleasantly surprised and honored to be the first to display this rocker dedicated to those who serve. I'd like to honor my first position in my department, it has been the foundation of my career. So I'd like to have the following etching - if possible - RRFD FireMedic
We appreciate all of our first responders and today you drew the lucky straw! Thank you for your service.

I'll submit that txt to the manufacturer. I think the length should be fine. The mold still needs to be made, approved etc, and it is doubtful it will be right the first time, so this will take some time. We will keep you posted on this thread!

Thank you for the feedback all!

Reactions: Steve

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Wow, that's cool Paul, honoring your 1st position that way. Very cool. Congrats on being numero uno to have a rocker for your membership badge!

Pranqster

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Luis Obispo, CA
Member #

Count me in! (RN)
To be be completely honest, I think the logo in the first post looks kinda cartooninsh. The cross should be either red with a white background, or white against a red background IMHO.
May I suggest something more like:

Last edited: