Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I agree completely. The flames look wrong.

Count me in! (RN)
To be be completely honest, I think the logo in the first post looks kinda cartooninsh. The cross should be either red with a white background, or white against a red background IMHO.
May I suggest something more like:

Reactions: Pranqster
@BackWoods Appreciate the "like" but I suspect the reasoning for this "cartoonish" colorization was to make the emblem more noticeable. One issue one might encounter with this type of emblem on their vehicle is that they might be viewed as being an official first responder. The emblem should be a notice indentation that first responder gear is located in or on this vehicle at all times. As an ex-first responder, I'm unable to do these things anymore, yet I keep a well stocked medical bag in the jeep at all times. The idea would or should be geared more toward the medical bag's placement or perhaps a septate decal/emblem be crated for this propose. Moreover, a sort of universal emblem indicating the bags placement in a universal location on all vehicles. Left corner, right corner etc. This universal emblem placement would be located in the same location on all vehicles.

Reactions: w_m_photo

stukenarut

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Minnesota
Member #

Agreed, which is why I have the same reservations about LEO indicia on my rig as well. Got a big red truck, so maybe people will think I’m a firefighter, people love firefighters.
What do cops and firefighters have in common?

A: When they were kids they both wanted to be firefighters.

I come from a heavy firefighting family- dad 27 years of service and counting, cousin 5 years wild land, brother in law 4 years and counting.

No disrespect to our LEOs-just playing. Thank you for your service!

BackWoods

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Northfield, Summit County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Tritabaugh
Member #

Service Branch
Army
@BackWoods Appreciate the "like" but I suspect the reasoning for this "cartoonish" colorization was to make the emblem more noticeable. One issue one might encounter with this type of emblem on their vehicle is that they might be viewed as being an official first responder. The emblem should be a notice indentation that first responder gear is located in or on this vehicle at all times. As an ex-first responder, I'm unable to do these things anymore, yet I keep a well stocked medical bag in the jeep at all times. The idea would or should be geared more toward the medical bag's placement or perhaps a septate decal/emblem be crated for this propose. Moreover, a sort of universal emblem indicating the bags placement in a universal location on all vehicles. Left corner, right corner etc. This universal emblem placement would be located in the same location on all vehicles.
I meant the ideas of rockers as a whole. But showing who had training in medical & recognition of those who have served is a nice OPTION to have.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Wow! I am pleasantly surprised and honored to be the first to display this rocker dedicated to those who serve. I'd like to honor my first position in my department, it has been the foundation of my career. So I'd like to have the following etching - if possible - RRFD FireMedic
Thank you for this great idea and for choosing me as the recipient.
OK, I'm pretty excited about how the prototype turned out. The purpose is to honor our first responders and military service personnel. The quality has to be great, and each purchase will benefit an associated charity.

We don't have them in our hands yet, so its hard to tell. The shield is looking a little purple...may have to change that.

The logo got a revamp, incorporating Fire, Police, Medical.

We will be creating icons for military service, canines, and a "standard" anchor which will benefit our environment.

I'll post to this thread as we have more details!

M

Metal piece sample-1.JPG

Andy G

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cannonsburg, MI
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Grow
Member #

Wow, these look GREAT.

@Michael l If I may make a suggestion for the Coast Guard rocker...whatever monies you intend for a charity go to the Coast Guard Foundation. With the Coast Guard being so small and not a part of DOD, we often get overlooked when it comes to receiving "extras", especially when it comes to the budget. The CG Foundation helps those currently serving with resources, scholarships, recognition and general support of both members and their families.

Reactions: Road and Steve

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
OK, I'm pretty excited about how the prototype turned out. The purpose is to honor our first responders and military service personnel. The quality has to be great, and each purchase will benefit an associated charity.

We don't have them in our hands yet, so its hard to tell. The shield is looking a little purple...may have to change that.

The logo got a revamp, incorporating Fire, Police, Medical.

We will be creating icons for military service, canines, and a "standard" anchor which will benefit our environment.

I'll post to this thread as we have more details!

M

View attachment 46347
I LOVE IT! I am so honored to have been chosen for the prototype. I can't wait to PROUDLY add this to my rig.

Reactions: Michael and Steve
D

donuteater

Those do look very good. Glad to see how some of these turn out. Great idea!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I LOVE IT! I am so honored to have been chosen for the prototype. I can't wait to PROUDLY add this to my rig.
Hey all + Paul!

We have undergone some pretty major revisions on this concept, as we always do! :)

Here is an update!

Of the many revisions for First Responded, Veteran, Trail Companion, and Environment rockers, we have selected the following combination. They will be solid metal, and we have gone away from the colored icons to tie them in better with the emblem.

Paul, we will be sending your out once complete!

-M

EmblemAnchor_Options1.jpg

@Corrie

Overland A Far

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rocky Mountain House, Alberta
Member #

Forest Guardian - for Alberta Sustainable Resource Development
RPFT - Environmental Management/Forest Stewardship
EMS - Responder

RPFT is for registered professional forest technician
EMS - emergency management systems ( medical, fire, search & rescue)

Funmobile

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yuba City
Member #

Most of us on the L.E. Side would likely not want our names on our cars, I am good with something like this. On the anchor, a us flag where the white cross is, then a simple blue enamel line where the name would be. For fire, an American flag and then a red stripe. (Sunnyvale you're gonna have to pick one! Lol)

For military, perhaps a flag followed by branch and MOS ?

I would think fire and LE are generic enough to be stocked in bother rocker and anchor format. For Mil, it might need to be a custom order item, if MOS were to be listed.

For medical personnel, perhaps the medical logo with a white background and red cross, where the name would go.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: SGT.

atIOIYIOI

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingston, Ontario
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3BWR
Service Branch
Fire Rescue
You
Most of us on the L.E. Side would likely not want our names on our cars, I am good with something like this. On the anchor, a us flag where the white cross is, then a simple blue enamel line where the name would be. For fire, an American flag and then a red stripe. (Sunnyvale you're gonna have to pick one! Lol)

For military, perhaps a flag followed by branch and MOS ?

I would think fire and LE are generic enough to be stocked in bother rocker and anchor format. For Mil, it might need to be a custom order item, if MOS were to be listed.

For medical personnel, perhaps the medical logo with a white background and red cross, where the name would go.

Just a thought.
Um.... You do realize this is a world wide group right? Some of us may prefer not to have an "American flag and a red stripe"... No offense meant - but we are not all from the USA... (Though many of us are "American" I.E. From the "Americas", North, Central, and South...

I do agree with not having names.... I don't even have my name on the back of my bunker gear.

Reactions: Road

Derek50

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
Member #

As a former Marine and current Deputy Sheriff, I like the concept. I don't think my name would be ideal though, since I'm a current LEO. Maybe a seven point star for the icon and Deputy for the title. Hate to say it, but cops aren't popular in CA these days, so I don't need my rig keyed or worse.

I'm also a Deputy and think the Star with Deputy as the title would be awesome!

Reactions: Coach

Plisken

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Shields
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0GZI
Service Branch
US Army
I've been watching these forums a while now but became an official member today (#10171). I have a decent history of service:

US Army 2/325 AIR
EMT-B (expired now)
Larimer County Search and Rescue
HAM Radio Operator (KD0GZI)

Though I do not actively volunteer in any of those capacities any longer, I do still travel in the backcountry with an appropriate EMT bag and the skills to use it.

Reactions: Road