Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Sorry about multiple replies, I’m not very good at this stuff yet... we will be in late Thursday night in a Red JKU

Jroettele

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Anaheim, CA
Member #

Been away from the thread for a while. Count me in. Everyone is camping in panamint springs on Thursday. I also hear the site has no vacancy. So I guess I'll find another spot in the desert. Is anyone one else camping some where else on Thursday?

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Been away from the thread for a while. Count me in. Everyone is camping in panamint springs on Thursday. I also hear the site has no vacancy. So I guess I'll find another spot in the desert. Is anyone one else camping some where else on Thursday?
Unsure if they are out thursday. Id call them and see. How many are you?

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Just going to wing it somewhere near the springs
There is a place south of the waterfall, has a pond with some goldfish in it. Some people could camp there, not sure if it could hold 9 rigs but its close and secluded. We can figure it out for Saturday. Thursday, every camper for themselves i guess, and meet Friday morning,

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

There is a place south of the waterfall, has a pond with some goldfish in it. Some people could camp there, not sure if it could hold 9 rigs but its close and secluded. We can figure it out for Saturday. Thursday, every camper for themselves i guess, and meet Friday morning,
Just got a spot for Thursday night only sounds like they have a few spots left, definitely going to stay in back country Friday and Saturday night...

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

Last edited:

Jroettele

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Anaheim, CA
Member #

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

@Jacob Silberfarb - 3 (2 rigs)
@Arturo solorzano - 3 (2 rigs)
@Mojavewanderer - 1
@winston - 2
@Montazuma - 2
@Overland California - 1
@roettele - 1
@Gryf - 2

Rigs: 10
Headcount: 15

Friday dinner menu:
* Steak sandwiches with lettuce/tomato/mustard/mayo/ketchup
* Chips

My goal was to provide something that didn't really require utensils at all. Considering the number of folks punted on the sides and went with chips instead of something fancier. However if you want to bring a side to share, that's fine too.

I only have two camp tables to setup. If anyone has a couple more to help lay out food that would be welcome.

Reactions: Jacob Silberfarb

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

@Jacob Silberfarb - 3 (2 rigs)
@Arturo solorzano - 3 (2 rigs)
@Mojavewanderer - 1
@winston - 2
@Montazuma - 2
@Overland California - 1
@roettele - 1
@Gryf - 2

Rigs: 10
Headcount: 15

Friday dinner menu:
* Steak sandwiches with lettuce/tomato/mustard/mayo/ketchup
* Chips

My goal was to provide something that didn't really require utensils at all. Considering the number of folks punted on the sides and went with chips instead of something fancier. However if you want to bring a side to share, that's fine too.

I only have two camp tables to setup. If anyone has a couple more to help lay out food that would be welcome.

I have a folding table ill bring and a small side table. I also have a coleman camp stove I am bringing. Excited!

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hi all,

I tried to use the GPX files I made and they didnt work. So I redid the route and used GPS Babel to convert from KML to GPX. I then imported them into the Motion X app on my phone which seemed to work. My first time using this setup to navigate and we will see how it works.

Here are the updated GPX files.

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

Will we have a special trip frequency or will we just use the Overland Bound push?

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Will we have a special trip frequency or will we just use the Overland Bound push?
Alright, for better or worse I posted this trip on my local orange county forum and it blew up today. Everyone additional has been instructed to feed themselves, dont worry about them @Gryf.

Here is the "final" list, I added my phone number to the sheet. If you want you can add yours, it may help. Also everyone's rigs are listed to help us meet up friday.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kFRI1vICPWGQk6Zwk1_Sx2gHKHeVzIguQY0Fej47q7o/edit?usp=sharing

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

Well I'll make all the food and we'll either run out or we won't. I just won't sweat it.

:)