Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Anyone want to meet thursday night at the Trona Pinnacles? I would leave Thursday night from Orange County at 7PM and then drive up and camp there. Then breakfast in Panamint Springs and hit the trail from there. If someone wants to do this then Ill update the meeting point from Olancha to Panamint Springs.
Panamint Springs works great for us Fri morning since we are coming down from Hurricane, Utah. Could possibly show up at Trona Thur middle of the night depending on how things go...

Reactions: Jacob Silberfarb

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

Wife and I would be coming from Las Vegas. Not sure what our Thursday looks like. Might need to drive in on Friday morning and catch you guys at Panamint Springs.

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

I'm still a tentative maybe at this point – I've blown my body mounts so if I can't replace in time, I will have to do the responsible thing and bow out. I too would be coming from Las Vegas on Friday @Gryf. Will keep y'all updated as the weekend progresses.

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

I'm still a tentative maybe at this point – I've blown my body mounts so if I can't replace in time, I will have to do the responsible thing and bow out. I too would be coming from Las Vegas on Friday @Gryf. Will keep y'all updated as the weekend progresses.
Get em fixed!!!! No worries man. Ill be firming up the plan with more people. Hope you can make it

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

If the wife and I don't have Thursday plans we might drive to Panamint springs and camp there for the night.

They now have an ATM for our convenience too! :)

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

If the wife and I don't have Thursday plans we might drive to Panamint springs and camp there for the night.

They now have an ATM for our convenience too! :)
Ive tried calling Panamint Springs to reserve camping slots and tried emailing too. Got no response, supposedly its really busy this time of year but I doubt we will have trouble getting spots.

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

@Gryf
@Montazuma
@Arturo solorzano
@Mojavewanderer

Here you will find all the information needed for the trip. I have uploaded GPX files, if someone could try to use them that would be great and tell me if the route shows up. Also, I purchased a small teakettle and engraved my initials into it that I am planning to leave at teakettle junction. Not sure if others wanted to do this, but I am.

What is everyone planning for food? Ive got four meals ill need to bring (Friday Lunch and Dinner, Saturday Breakfast and Lunch) as we will be driving through towns and in Panamint for the other meals. What is everyone planning for dinner? I am not sure what to bring, I do not have a stove or anything to really cook with, anyone bringing these items/ kitchen supplies?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fOCFNTlnLep2I0YS75tndRDWBiynTAafUWtyRXFayLg/edit?usp=sharing

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

I figured I'd let the wife think about that when she gets back. We range from backpacking meals to bacon and eggs cooked in cast iron over a campfire. We'll happily do what the group wants.

Looks like it'll be small number so I don't mind bringing the cast iron and doing up some cooking in the evening and morning.

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

Just called and made tent camping reservations for the 22nd and 24th. They said they have about 10 left.

Just a heads up in case you wanted to stay there.

<edit> This is at Panamint Springs Resort.

Last edited:

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Just called and made tent camping reservations for the 22nd and 24th. They said they have about 10 left.

Just a heads up in case you wanted to stay there.
Ok sounds good. I was just gonna throw some roast beef and cheese in a cooler and make sandwiches for lunch both days and bring some baked goods for breakfast. Maybe we can do a family style meal on Friday night.

Just called and was finally able to make my camp reservations so I am all set. Everyone if you are staying in Panamint Springs need to call and make a reservation, its 10$ per night.