Death Valley, CA November 23 - 25, 2018 - 11/22/2018

• HTML tutorial

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hi all,

Have a trip to Death Valley on the books and would love more people to come. Please plan to be self sufficient for 3 Days and Two Nights. This trip will be a large amount of driving (263 Miles without a gas station), Plan for this.

Thursday myself and some rigs will be camping at the Trona Pinnciles and then making our way to Panamint Springs on Friday morning.

Friday we meet at the Panamint Springs Resort at 0830 AM. Then head into the park, past the warm springs, up steele pass, to the dunes for camp.

Saturday drive through the park (See day 2 map) and end up in Panamint Springs at their RV/ tent camping slots. Sunday the plan would be to wake up and casually make our way back to the Orange County/ Los Angeles area. There are a few trails we can take leaving Panamint Springs and then head our separate ways from there. Feel free to ask questions, the plan is flexible.

I have done part of this route before and it should be a fun weekend. The plans are not rock solid and I am just looking for some dirt with some cool guys. Depending on how we are feeling we may camp early and alter the agenda slightly.

Day 1: https://goo.gl/MSy6NF
Day 2: https://goo.gl/ofpW2k

View Rally Point
Last edited:

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

The wife's contract dates just changed so I might be able to go on this. We're really novice in the driving but the camping thing we have dialed in.

Imagine this would be our first offroad overnight. What do you recommend besides camping and the basic recovery/repair gear?

Reactions: Jacob Silberfarb

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The wife's contract dates just changed so I might be able to go on this. We're really novice in the driving but the camping thing we have dialed in.

Imagine this would be our first offroad overnight. What do you recommend besides camping and the basic recovery/repair gear?
This is going to be my second time out overnight with the rig so fairly new. Uh I would bring more tables then you need. And clothes for all weather. If you could also bring some firewood, Ill bring some too. I am not sure what you have or dont have. I have a basic first aid kit but want to get a good trama kit before the trip.

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

This sounds like fun, I really want to do a Steele pass run this year, and this looks like a great opportunity. I need to check some things, but think this might work out.

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

This sounds like fun, I really want to do a Steele pass run this year, and this looks like a great opportunity. I need to check some things, but think this might work out.
Yeah my only concern is if we head out of Olancha at 9:30 AM or so Friday, not sure if thats enough time to make it through Steele Pass to the Eureka Dunes camp by dark. I get my lights to work as a back up.

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Anyone want to meet thursday night at the Trona Pinnacles? I would leave Thursday night from Orange County at 7PM and then drive up and camp there. Then breakfast in Panamint Springs and hit the trail from there. If someone wants to do this then Ill update the meeting point from Olancha to Panamint Springs.

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

T
Anyone want to meet thursday night at the Trona Pinnacles? I would leave Thursday night from Orange County at 7PM and then drive up and camp there. Then breakfast in Panamint Springs and hit the trail from there. If someone wants to do this then Ill update the meeting point from Olancha to Panamint Springs.
That works out better for me than Olancha.

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

Cool. Maybe Ill try to have breakfast Friday in Panamint. So you want to meet in Panamint, not Trona right?
Cool. Maybe Ill try to have breakfast Friday in Panamint. So you want to meet in Panamint, not Trona right?
Meeting at Panamint for breakfast would be great, that would give us plenty of time to make it to the Eureka Dunes Friday night. Closer to the trail is better anyway, my truck isn’t the best highway rig, more tortoise than hare.

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I think Panamint Springs works better for me since I’m coming from Hurricane, Utah.. I’m trying to keep up, I’m a truck driver out on the road now, so correct me if I’m wrong..