Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I haven’t really thought about food, I usually keep it really simple, but I’ll have a stove for sure and can bring more stuff too. I’ll call for a campsite reservation tomorrow, hopefully they take reservations on Saturdays.

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

I haven’t really thought about food, I usually keep it really simple, but I’ll have a stove for sure and can bring more stuff too. I’ll call for a campsite reservation tomorrow, hopefully they take reservations on Saturdays.
I'll probably do simple cold cuts for lunch both days and baked breakfast foods. Only question is if we want to do family style dinner. If so what? I have no way to heat food in my rig currently and only bringing a cooler.

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

The wife and I like hot food when we're out. We just cook on the campfire most of the time. I have a new camp grill OTW and we have cooking pans/utensils so we'll have heat and pans.

Of course if all y'all want to eat is sandwiches that's fine. I'll just let ya know if you want we can cook up something. I'll put Laura on the case this weekend after she's had time to unwind. She'll probably make something delicious.

Oh and we make cowboy coffee in the morning. You're welcome to some of that if you like.

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The wife and I like hot food when we're out. We just cook on the campfire most of the time. I have a new camp grill OTW and we have cooking pans/utensils so we'll have heat and pans.

Of course if all y'all want to eat is sandwiches that's fine. I'll just let ya know if you want we can cook up something. I'll put Laura on the case this weekend after she's had time to unwind. She'll probably make something delicious.

Oh and we make cowboy coffee in the morning. You're welcome to some of that if you like.
Okay cool. I don't want to mess her up or anything. So if she wants to pick a meal for Friday,I'll be happy to bring whatever you guys want me to to help out.

winston

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bay Area
Might have to join you guys I was supposed to go this weekend but after replacing my driver axle found out the differential bearing was bad. If I join I will be joining on Friday morning.

Reactions: Jacob Silberfarb

Arturo solorzano

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland ca
Member #

Hey my brother-in-law is coming with us(extra rig) and I called yesterday for reservations and it’s already full. Do you know another near camping spot?

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I missed out on a reservation too, but there is a lot of open desert out there for camping. No restrooms, water or tables, but plenty of open space. It’s been a while since I’ve been out that way, but I’ve camped in Panamint Valley before, just find a good spot and set up camp. I’m going over my truck today, getting it ready for the trip.

winston

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bay Area
I missed out on a reservation too, but there is a lot of open desert out there for camping. No restrooms, water or tables, but plenty of open space. It’s been a while since I’ve been out that way, but I’ve camped in Panamint Valley before, just find a good spot and set up camp. I’m going over my truck today, getting it ready for the trip.
I’ll join you with the open desert camping. Btw I’ll be leaving Thursday night from Oakland.

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

I’ll join you with the open desert camping. Btw I’ll be leaving Thursday night from Oakland.
We could try to get down to trona pinnicles by Saturday night and camp there. I just don't know how manageable it would be starting from the dunes in the morning. Seems like a long way but that would be an awesome spot to camp.