Ryan
Last Name
McKee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1TXO
Hey all,

Finally signed up with an account...

My name is Ryan, and I'm an adventure blogger/photographer based in Boston. My brand is 2180 miles, a company built around the idea of "Endurance Adventuring". In 2007 I bicycled across America, in 2014 thru-hiked the 2,185 mile Appalachian Trail, and last December (2016) attempted a never-before completed winter thru-hike of Vermont's Long Trail... a trip that was abruptly ended after a blizzard dumped 18" of snow in as many hours, and my hiking partner threw in the towel after we lost the trail in whiteout conditions and had to shelter in place on the side of a mountain... I maintained the "2180" number in the company name to encourage people to chase their "2,000 mile" adventure, their big goal that they hesitate to believe they could accomplish.

I'm active on ExpoPortal, Jeep-Owner, JeepGarage, IH8Mud, JeepForum, etc. with write-ups and build threads. Looking forward to the resources and community that O.B. has built!

The Jeeps are a 2017 WK2 Trailhawk and a 1999 TJ Wrangler, each built in their own way to excel at with completely different skill-sets. I'll get to work with a build thread for the Grand on here, detailing a fair bit of custom modifications, and will also begin posting about a 7,000 mile month-long overland expedition across North America we did this past summer.

Look forward to getting to know you guys... in the mean time, our year-end recap video and a photo of the Trailhawk in the mountains outside of Banff National Park from this summer.

Best,

Ryan M.
2180miles.com

Smith-Dorrien Trail - WK2
by 2180miles

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey all,

Finally signed up with an account...

My name is Ryan, and I'm an adventure blogger/photographer based in Boston. My brand is 2180 miles, a company built around the idea of "Endurance Adventuring". In 2007 I bicycled across America, in 2014 thru-hiked the 2,185 mile Appalachian Trail, and last December (2016) attempted a never-before completed winter thru-hike of Vermont's Long Trail... a trip that was abruptly ended after a blizzard dumped 18" of snow in as many hours, and my hiking partner threw in the towel after we lost the trail in whiteout conditions and had to shelter in place on the side of a mountain... I maintained the "2180" number in the company name to encourage people to chase their "2,000 mile" adventure, their big goal that they hesitate to believe they could accomplish.

I'm active on ExpoPortal, Jeep-Owner, JeepGarage, IH8Mud, JeepForum, etc. with write-ups and build threads. Looking forward to the resources and community that O.B. has built!

The Jeeps are a 2017 WK2 Trailhawk and a 1999 TJ Wrangler, each built in their own way to excel at with completely different skill-sets. I'll get to work with a build thread for the Grand on here, detailing a fair bit of custom modifications, and will also begin posting about a 7,000 mile month-long overland expedition across North America we did this past summer.

Look forward to getting to know you guys... in the mean time, our year-end recap video and a photo of the Trailhawk in the mountains outside of Banff National Park from this summer.

Best,

Ryan M.
2180miles.com

Smith-Dorrien Trail - WK2
by 2180miles
Hi Ryan and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: 2180miles