Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
That's a great time. When I did it a couple years ago there was a mining operation that diverted the creek down the road. It was no problem just different. Let me know if that is still the case. Might try it with my Beast I have now.
Yes, the mining crew still has us going through a nasty creek bed full of rocks.

nmrwr85

Rank 0

Traveler I

Are you going to CK with the On The Rocks Facebook group? Meet/headout at 9am from Peoria. I will keep an eye out for your Trooper. I will be in a 3rd gen 4Runner. What type of comms are you running? This weekend's group will be using ham 151.820 and I will have my GMRS radio on and set to channel 15.
Im not a part of that group but ill be joining now, looks like a good group.
I was planning on leaving from cow creek road at 9 but I could hang out and wait a little longer.
I just have my CB, just getting into this stuff so im not fully equipped yet.

Reactions: @AstroOverland

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
This will be my first trip with OTR, myself. I have a handheld radio that you can use if you would like. I am sure there will be others with cb radios. Will you be starting out at the Fry’s with us?

nmrwr85

Rank 0

Traveler I

This will be my first trip with OTR, myself. I have a handheld radio that you can use if you would like. I am sure there will be others with cb radios. Will you be starting out at the Fry’s with us?
I was planning on being at the turn off for ck by 9 but i may just meet at the frys with that group. My buddy thats riding with me will have his handheld also but i appreciate the offer. Ill look for you at the frys then.

Reactions: Graeman

@AstroOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New River, AZ
First Name
Jestin
Last Name
Hashop
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DJL
I was planning on being at the turn off for ck by 9 but i may just meet at the frys with that group. My buddy thats riding with me will have his handheld also but i appreciate the offer. Ill look for you at the frys then.
Looks like I'm good for Saturday also. I'll see y'all at Fry's. I'll be in the Silver WJ JeepDJI_20180621_085325.jpeg

Reactions: Graeman and nmrwr85

@AstroOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New River, AZ
First Name
Jestin
Last Name
Hashop
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DJL
Ill be meeting up with the group at the gas station but Im going to try to get ahead of it. Theres 80 cars confirmed on facebook, so even if only half of those show up, its gonna be nuts.
I'll be there around 0830, quick top of for fuel and then I'm god to start rolling out.

Reactions: nmrwr85 and Graeman

@AstroOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New River, AZ
First Name
Jestin
Last Name
Hashop
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DJL
Eventful is an understatement... Lol

It certainly was a good time and I agree, our overland rigs certainly held their own. Good times!

Reactions: nmrwr85

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I concur. I enjoyed the run. A smaller group would have been nicer as I didn’t get to see your vehicles in action. Thank you for coming out and joining me today. Looking forward to riding with you guys again in the future.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Ill go again, any time
I wanted to see you Trooper in action and we got spread out too far apart. I feel sorry for the new blue 4 door Jeep as the vehicle in front of them did not help spot or pull them over obstacles. Those last couple of obstacles really slowed the group down and it wouldn’t have happened if the guy in front of them would have stayed there and helped out.

nmrwr85

Rank 0

Traveler I

I wanted to see you Trooper in action and we got spread out too far apart. I feel sorry for the new blue 4 door Jeep as the vehicle in front of them did not help spot or pull them over obstacles. Those last couple of obstacles really slowed the group down and it wouldn’t have happened if the guy in front of them would have stayed there and helped out.
I tried to get up towards the front because when we first started, i was watching your 4runner and the explorer to judge whether I could do the obstacle and which line to take but somehow, each time we pulled to the side, I would get passed up.
That last big obstacle in the road without a bypass really held people up and it didn't help with all the side by sides trying to come down the hill. Im glad I made it without the winch though.
Normally when that spot is dry, its not problem. It was a little more tricky this time.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
That is much more doable when it is dry. The slippery rocks and deep holes weren’t filled in until after Craig and I went over it. Then we filled in the deep stuff and I pulled the Explorer over it.

nmrwr85

Rank 0

Traveler I

That is much more doable when it is dry. The slippery rocks and deep holes weren’t filled in until after Craig and I went over it. Then we filled in the deep stuff and I pulled the Explorer over it.
I tried going up on the left and failed twice. Just as they were pulling the winch cable over, i went to the right like i did in the past and it went right up it like a champ.