Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
New member here out in the far west valley(Buckeye). I've made a few runs out to Saddle Mountain but, not much outside of that. Keen to learn a bit about some other good "newb friendly" trails/adventures.
Check out Bradshaw mountains and Prescott to crown king. I have a house in victory and go out with my jk when there. Great place to explore

Reactions: TheGrrrrr

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
I wish but still in the cold of Washington. Are you doing Prescott to Crown King or Crown King to Lake Pleasant? I have done both and the CK-Pleasant is far harder but cool.

nmrwr85

Rank 0

Traveler I

New member here out in the far west valley(Buckeye). I've made a few runs out to Saddle Mountain but, not much outside of that. Keen to learn a bit about some other good "newb friendly" trails/adventures.
Im on the west side as well, goodyear.
Doing crown king on Saturday the 8th. Its fairly easy but nice and scenic. Youre more than welcome to go.

@AstroOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New River, AZ
First Name
Jestin
Last Name
Hashop
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DJL
I wish but still in the cold of Washington. Are you doing Prescott to Crown King or Crown King to Lake Pleasant? I have done both and the CK-Pleasant is far harder but cool.
Planning on going from lake pleasant to crown king

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
That's a great time. When I did it a couple years ago there was a mining operation that diverted the creek down the road. It was no problem just different. Let me know if that is still the case. Might try it with my Beast I have now.

Reactions: @AstroOverland

nmrwr85

Rank 0

Traveler I

That's a great time. When I did it a couple years ago there was a mining operation that diverted the creek down the road. It was no problem just different. Let me know if that is still the case. Might try it with my Beast I have now.
That is still the case. The trail runs up the creek right next to the mine.

@AstroOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New River, AZ
First Name
Jestin
Last Name
Hashop
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DJL
Yes, doing lake pleasant to crown king and then back on the I17.
Ill be at cow creek rd at 8:30am, heading up the hill by 9.
I was planning on heading up with a few other folks on Sunday, but if they can shift to Saturday I may join you

Reactions: nmrwr85

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Welcome!

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I'll be heading to Crown King Sunday morning for anyone interested.
Darn, I wish we could join you but we're stuck in town this coming weekend for a couple of events.

I'm considering slapping a last-minute overnight trip together for next weekend though. I'm thinking like Rug Road or just Copper Creek/Sibley Mansion (both east of Mammoth, AZ). I'll keep this thread posted if i end up going in case anybody wants to join. You'll need a AZ State Trust permit ($20 for a year)

Reactions: @AstroOverland

@AstroOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New River, AZ
First Name
Jestin
Last Name
Hashop
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DJL
Darn, I wish we could join you but we're stuck in town this coming weekend for a couple of events.

I'm considering slapping a last-minute overnight trip together for next weekend though. I'm thinking like Rug Road or just Copper Creek/Sibley Mansion (both east of Mammoth, AZ). I'll keep this thread posted if i end up going in case anybody wants to join. You'll need a AZ State Trust permit ($20 for a year)
I'll be stuck in town next weekend.... One day our calendars will sync up and we will actually get a trip in... Haha, hopefully before the next expo...

Reactions: brien

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
One day our calendars will sync up and we will actually get a trip in... Haha, hopefully before the next expo...
No kidding, right!? I'm also hoping to put together a longer El Camino Del Diablo run, I need to sync up with @AZ Explorer on timing again to make sure he will be available

Reactions: TheGrrrrr

TheGrrrrr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, AZ
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Geer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MIT
No kidding, right!? I'm also hoping to put together a longer El Camino Del Diablo run, I need to sync up with @AZ Explorer on timing again to make sure he will be available
This is one I definitely want to check off the list. Let me know and I will find a way to make it work.

Reactions: brien

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
This sounds fun, count me in. I just passed my Technician's test last Saturday and I want to get my UV5R setup like the rest of you. Todd, can you do that with my radio, too? Weekends are usually the best for me. Can we make the meet up central to where we all live?

Is anyone going on this 12/8 Saturday's CK Run with OTR?

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
No problem, i will be heading up there either way.
Also doing crown king again on the 8th. Gotta get in the trails while its nice out.
Are you going to CK with the On The Rocks Facebook group? Meet/headout at 9am from Peoria. I will keep an eye out for your Trooper. I will be in a 3rd gen 4Runner. What type of comms are you running? This weekend's group will be using ham 151.820 and I will have my GMRS radio on and set to channel 15.

Last edited: