Arizona Overlanders

• HTML tutorial

nmrwr85

Rank 0

Traveler I

Has anyone hit the backway to crown king this season? Ill be heading up on the 23rd or 24th of this month and I have never been. Just curious how bad it is this year after some of the rain we had. Also, if you see a white isuzu trooper up there next weekend, it’s me. Feel free to stop and say Hi! This will be my first trip out in the Isuzu.

Reactions: jeepdaze

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

Has anyone hit the backway to crown king this season? Ill be heading up on the 23rd or 24th of this month and I have never been. Just curious how bad it is this year after some of the rain we had. Also, if you see a white isuzu trooper up there next weekend, it’s me. Feel free to stop and say Hi! This will be my first trip out in the Isuzu.
I did it on Memorial Day in a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 2.5" lift and 32s. I made it just fine, but dragged my belly on one big step and had to stack rocks in a couple other places, but it was fine. However, that was before the Monsoon, so it probably changed a little since then.

Reactions: nmrwr85

Phessor

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Daryl
Last Name
Madrid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DTM
Had some friends do it this last weekend, they didn't mention anything to rough.

tritonl

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Lukasz
Last Name
Mikula
Member #

I ran this with two other rigs about 3 weeks ago, it depends what you have.
I would not recommend going by yourself as your first trail.

tritonl

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Lukasz
Last Name
Mikula
Member #

Ill have some other rigs with me but thank you for the heads up.
I just have a trooper with a slight lift and mud terrains. Nothing crazy.
We had a Jeep Grand Cherokee’s with a 2” lift and 31’s, with some careful placement it made it no problem.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Heading to the Inaugural Northern Arizona Meet N Greet in Seligman in a few hours (best be getting to bed...). If only half the respondents come we should have a pretty good crowd. OB, 4x4, food and new friends, what a great combo!

Jim

Reactions: Todd & Meg

nmrwr85

Rank 0

Traveler I

I'm looking to head up to Sedona to do Broken Arrow possibly next weekend. Would be fun to do it with a few others if anyone is interested.
Hows that trail? I just did crown king and only bypassed the 2 crazy trails but crawled up everything else just fine.
I might be interested in going.

TheGrrrrr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, AZ
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Geer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MIT
Hows that trail? I just did crown king and only bypassed the 2 crazy trails but crawled up everything else just fine.
I might be interested in going.
Never done it, but I have to think it’s less difficult than the back way to CK.

AZBubs

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Tan Valley, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BHP
Broken arrow is very short. Make sure you have a trail book so you can make a day of it. I did broken arrow in a stock 3rd gen 4runner with street tires in 2wd most of the time.

TheGrrrrr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, AZ
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Geer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MIT
Either day should work for me, but I'm guessing we will have more folks interested in Saturday.

TheGrrrrr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, AZ
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Geer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MIT
The wife got Saturday off so i should be good to go
Just heard from my mechanic. Looks like one of the parts is not getting here in time. I won’t be picking up the truck until Saturday. I’m going to have to postpone to a different weekend. Getting Rover parts is quite a challenge.