Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Some of our guys are going to Allegan/Yankee Springs the 14th& 15th of April. I'm going to try and make it but being that it's Easter I'm not sure boss (aka the wife) is going to go for it. I think I've got it posted on the site and OB calendar.

Celt

Rank 0

Contributor I

Some of our guys are going to Allegan/Yankee Springs the 14th& 15th of April. I'm going to try and make it but being that it's Easter I'm not sure boss (aka the wife) is going to go for it. I think I've got it posted on the site and OB calendar.
Yankee is fun. if its muddy you can get a challenge because of the ruts by the guys with 37" and bigger tires. Just sent a message via Michigan overland site. Looking forward to maybe getting together for some rides. The wife and I often do the UP. Nice trails and places to camp aound whitefish point. This year we are doing Keewanaw area labor dayish and Whitefish point memorial day ish

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Yankee is fun. if its muddy you can get a challenge because of the ruts by the guys with 37" and bigger tires. Just sent a message via Michigan overland site. Looking forward to maybe getting together for some rides. The wife and I often do the UP. Nice trails and places to camp aound whitefish point. This year we are doing Keewanaw area labor dayish and Whitefish point memorial day ish
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I've never been there so I don't know what to expect. We've got a Facebook group set up if you're interested in joining up.

Sent from my iPad using Overland Bound Talk

Rattler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bay City, MI
I organized my camp kitchen the other night. I got my bedrack on a couple days ago and the RTT mounted up today. Going to swap the RTT cover tomorrow for an extra I had that I cleaned up. Should be ready for Yankee Springs/ Allegan! Where will we be camping?

Reactions: RyanC

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Checking in from West Olive Michigan (west side between Grand Haven and Holland).
Cheers - ToddRoll
Just replied back to you on the Allegan/Yankee Springs post. Let me know if you've got any questions. We've also got a Facebook group you can join up with. Most of our groups interactions happen there. We do have some crossover between there and the OB forums but I'm not as active here as I'd like to be.

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
Just replied back to you on the Allegan/Yankee Springs post. Let me know if you've got any questions. We've also got a Facebook group you can join up with. Most of our groups interactions happen there. We do have some crossover between there and the OB forums but I'm not as active here as I'd like to be.
Is there a thread specifically for this? I'm definitely interested in going.

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Is there a thread specifically for this? I'm definitely interested in going.
Not a thread but I did put up a post in the events section and on the calendar. I'll get some more details tonight from the group and post it up.

Turbo Tara & Jalopy Jake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake ann, MI
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Hurlin
Member #

checking back in located up in TC.. doing a few UP trips this year and random trips in to the state land to camp if anyone is planning anything keep me posted

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

checking back in located up in TC.. doing a few UP trips this year and random trips in to the state land to camp if anyone is planning anything keep me posted
Hey Jakob. We've got a few things posted up on the Michigan Overland site and Facebook group and I try to keep the OB calendar updated. We're going to Allegan/Yankee Springs in a few weeks, Manistee in May, and a TBD in September.

Turbo Tara & Jalopy Jake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake ann, MI
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Hurlin
Member #

Hey Jakob. We've got a few things posted up on the Michigan Overland site and Facebook group and I try to keep the OB calendar updated. We're going to Allegan/Yankee Springs in a few weeks, Manistee in May, and a TBD in September.
thank you! we will see what we can do, we are doing the jeeps on the mac event april 21-23rd goes to Drummond island, end of june we are doing a waterfall trip in the UP, and not sure where in the fall yet. those are our big planed events .. our summer gets pretty crazy, my wife is an automotive journalist. so we travel to a lot of regional events. but love to get out in the woods

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

thank you! we will see what we can do, we are doing the jeeps on the mac event april 21-23rd goes to Drummond island, end of june we are doing a waterfall trip in the UP, and not sure where in the fall yet. those are our big planed events .. our summer gets pretty crazy, my wife is an automotive journalist. so we travel to a lot of regional events. but love to get out in the woods
That's awesome. I just started seeing the Mac/Drummond event recently and probably couldn't have cobbled together anything for it. One of our guys is doing the JeepEnd on Drummond in June and I'm going to ride along (I don't drive a Jeep). I'm pretty stoked for that one. Other than that September and the Fall Tunnel of Trees is really it for trips. Gonna try to get to Silver Lake Sand Dunes Jeep Invasion and the Extreme ORV expo this year.