Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake ann, MI
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Hurlin
Member #

That's awesome. I just started seeing the Mac/Drummond event recently and probably couldn't have cobbled together anything for it. One of our guys is doing the JeepEnd on Drummond in June and I'm going to ride along (I don't drive a Jeep). I'm pretty stoked for that one. Other than that September and the Fall Tunnel of Trees is really it for trips. Gonna try to get to Silver Lake Sand Dunes Jeep Invasion and the Extreme ORV expo this year.
Awesome ! We want to hit up the dunes a few times this year and I'll try to get us to the expo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phase2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Berkley, MI
Member #

Thought I'd check in here. I'm on the MI Overland FB page already - but glad to be an OB member now as well. Name is Pete for those that are also in the FB page.

Reactions: RyanC

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Thought I'd check in here. I'm on the MI Overland FB page already - but glad to be an OB member now as well. Name is Pete for those that are also in the FB page.
Hey Pete. If you haven't already joined, look up our Facebook group. Most of the discussion happens there. If you're already there, then great [emoji106].

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
Hey @michiganoverland What does the plan look like for May 26-29 in Manistee? What time on Friday are we meeting up and would I be able to meet up on Saturday if necessary?

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Hey @michiganoverland What does the plan look like for May 26-29 in Manistee? What time on Friday are we meeting up and would I be able to meet up on Saturday if necessary?
Honestly I haven't even had a chance to sit down and work out the details. Friday would probably be an early evening meetup somewhere around Messick. The plan would probably be to work north to south. I don't see reason you could take meetup on Saturday.

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

It's been awhile fellow Michiganders. We've got two events coming up to make you aware of if you're interested:

1. Our trip into and around Manistee is happening 7-9 July, and

2. Our Southwest Michigan meetup is happening 22 July.

We're going to use OB's new Rally Point application to get them posted up here shortly. Until then if you've got questions feel free to shoot us a message.

Reactions: Tinker

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Manistee. Right next to where I grew up in Ludington. I'll have to see if I can make it up there.
It would have to be the Durango as the willys fc170 is still in pieces all over the shop.
:sunglasses:

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Hoping to make it out to one or both of those. I avoid facebook like the plague so I'll keep an eye out for the rally-point thing here.

Reactions: 58-fc170 and RyanC

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Manistee. Right next to where I grew up in Ludington. I'll have to see if I can make it up there.
It would have to be the Durango as the willys fc170 is still in pieces all over the shop.
:sunglasses:
We'd be glad to have you join us. The Rally Point events should be showing up today.

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Checked the rally point. Even better over near Baldwin. :grinning:

One question, I am assuming I need to get an orv sticker correct?
To be on the safe side I'd say yes. I started doing some planning and I think what we're going to do is go from Baldwin to camp site 1 and then the next day work north. There's a DNR station near Baldwin also that we will probably need to pull a camping permit from also.

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Planning for dispersed camping (or primitive, wild, improvised, whatever the current term the DNR is using now haha) out in the national forest areas? ...or at some sort of campgrounds?

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Planning for dispersed camping (or primitive, wild, improvised, whatever the current term the DNR is using now haha) out in the national forest areas? ...or at some sort of campgrounds?
Dispersed all the way. No camp sites.

Reactions: Tinker

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

where is campsite 1 located?

I hauled canoes on the pere Marquette starting in baldwin for 4 years back in high school so it will be interesting to see what has changed in the area.

Last edited: