Dust8713

Rank 0

Contributor I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
R
First, thanks to everyone who has added pictures and information to this thread. I am following suit of many on here and beginning the process of modding my truck to do some overlanding. I’m curious what everyone’s thoughts are with automatic running boards. Anyone out there have them and done a decent amount of trails with them? Im wondering how they hold up or if they are at risk of permanent damage if they are scraped while help up or caked in mud....etc.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

First, thanks to everyone who has added pictures and information to this thread. I am following suit of many on here and beginning the process of modding my truck to do some overlanding. I’m curious what everyone’s thoughts are with automatic running boards. Anyone out there have them and done a decent amount of trails with them? Im wondering how they hold up or if they are at risk of permanent damage if they are scraped while help up or caked in mud....etc.
I had amp steps on my superduty. They are very finicky and would never run them on a overland rig.