Rank V

Member III

California, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Horne
Member #

It’s been a little bit but I finally got around to installing my front suspension setup. I have literally had this stuff for over a year and moving twice, getting evacuated from our cabin due to fire in the area, other life stuff I finally had a chance to do it

I installed the Peak suspension coilover setup and had them equipped with the 600lb HD spring rate set to 3” of lift. I paired them with a set of Camburg uniball upper control arms, Prothane extended end links and Street Rays sway bar relocation kit. Everything went on smoothly and the truck sits really nice now. I’m very happy with the way it turned out. Now I just have to take it to the trails to test it out!

here are some photos:

Attachments

RJCanyon

Rank V

Member III

California, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Well, I unfortunately blew one of my Bilstein 5100 rear shocks. Don’t know how or when but it happened. I wasn’t mad because i was looking for a reason to upgrade anyways. I went with the Fox 2.0. It was a toss up between them and the Icon’s, my main requirement was that they were rebuildable bc of obvious reasons:LOL: (i.e. read my first sentence) and I just so happen to get the Fox’s for a bit less than the Icon’s so here we are.

Initial impressions are fantastic, fit and finish are top notch compared to the bilstein (I love the 5100’s btw). I’m going camping this weekend so ill have to see how the Fox’s do on the trails

Attachments

RJCanyon

Rank V

Member III

California, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Finally got around to plasti dipping my emblems, next I am going to do the window runners. I’m still contemplating on whether i want to wrap my handles, buy new handles, plasti dip etc. I will be wrapping my grill soon, just waiting on vinyl

50674872-01AB-461C-A292-CCB880BDB91D.jpeg

Reactions: John Lanford

kostkafex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chino Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Kostka
Member #

Finally got around to plasti dipping my emblems, next I am going to do the window runners. I’m still contemplating on whether i want to wrap my handles, buy new handles, plasti dip etc. I will be wrapping my grill soon, just waiting on vinyl
I'd wrap the handles. Plasti-dip isn't designed for high-wear areas (at least in the way we use it for blacking out stuff).

Reactions: RJCanyon

RJCanyon

Rank V

Member III

California, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Horne
Member #

I'd wrap the handles. Plasti-dip isn't designed for high-wear areas (at least in the way we use it for blacking out stuff).
I will be wrapping them actually, I decided after I made the post. You are right.

RJCanyon

Rank V

Member III

California, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Horne
Member #

IMG_3536.jpeg

Replaced my old tool box with a Pelican cargo box and mount. Its first day was in rain for over 8 straight hours. not a drop on the inside. Definitely a nice product!

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
With those 650lb springs up front you should try a sway bar delete (just pull the end links to try it) I'm on 600lb springs and no body roll, I do have Timbrens. The off road ride is a major improvement, fast or slow.

RJCanyon

Rank V

Member III

California, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Horne
Member #

With those 650lb springs up front you should try a sway bar delete (just pull the end links to try it) I'm on 600lb springs and no body roll, I do have Timbrens. The off road ride is a major improvement, fast or slow.
I’ve thought about it. I’ll def have to give it a shot and see how it goes

RJCanyon

Rank V

Member III

California, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Well things change pretty fast….the moment I thought I was “done” I went ahead and went full overland :ROFLMAO:

Ive been wanting to upgrade my camp setup for a long time. Ive been using a ground tent my whole life and just wanted something more. My thought process has always been what can I do to make camping easier in a way, so I finally bit the bullet.

I ordered the Go Rhino XRS overland rack and additional gear table (more like a shelf really). I paired it with the new Roam ARC 270 awning and a Roam Vagabond roof top tent (not in photos, haven’t mounted it yet)

Overall im very happy with how it turned out. Im impressed with the Go Rhino rack, it has some quirks but the features you get for the price are very competitive. It also still allowed me to hard mount my pelican cargo box which was nice.

The ARC 270 awning is a game changer, extremely high quality and it just speaks for itself. It’s awesome.

Once i get the tent mounted and take it on its maiden voyage I will be sure to post pictures!!

With all the extra weight added I removed my Icon lift blocks and installed the Deaver add-a-leaf kit. I lost about 1/4” of lift in the rear but have a much better spring rate and it drives a whole lot better.

Attachments

Reactions: Clockwork

froggo82

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Ventura County, CA, USA
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Fregoso
Member #

Service Branch
USMC / Nat Guard
Boss, your build is amazing. I low-key want to copy some of your upgrades. What should be some of the first upgrades I make? Im on a limited budget, but I want to get the crucial stuff first. I love everything about your truck.

RJCanyon

Rank V

Member III

California, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Boss, your build is amazing. I low-key want to copy some of your upgrades. What should be some of the first upgrades I make? Im on a limited budget, but I want to get the crucial stuff first. I love everything about your truck.
Appreciate it!

As far as what to do first it really depends. if you really want to hit trails then recovery gear/skid plates/sliders/tires should be prioritized over a lift. the twins are a great platform but have some pretty low hanging fruit, the rear shocks are very low and shock skids are a must. look at 589Fab or Datin metal for them.
If you want to focus on the overland route first then you need to get some form of an add-a-leaf or full leaf pack to support the weight of a rack/tent/awning etc. Deaver/Old Man Emu both have very good packs. ColoradoCanyonEnthusiasts.com is your friend :grinning:

there's a ton you can do, it really just depends on what you really want out of it.

Reactions: froggo82