Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
That is true. There are plenty of suspension and wheels for the f-150, which is the most important part. I think my issue is I’m on the next phase, which is bumper with winch.

I’m struggling more on that one as all the options are just overly bulky and I get jealous of all the minimalist styles that the Tacoma and such have. The raptor also has quite a bit of options, but I believe they are different dimensions then a regular F-150.

I’m quoting out some shops to see if they can fab a more low profile style.
Your biggest "problem" is your Ecoboost. I have an Ecoboost myself. If i want a Winch Mount Bumper i'm going to want to relocate the Intercooler. I'd go with a Full Race brand Inetercooler then the bumper options really open up after that. The problem is of course the cost, to do all that, plus bumper and winch your looking around $2k. There is a debate on do you really need to relocate the Intercooler and there are workarounds for sure. It's just comfort level of it all. I know i'm going to be towing in the next 2-3 years with the truck, so i want airflow and the bigger intercooler anyway.

Reactions: PonoAdventures

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Thanks for the reality check! You, of course, are correct. It's easy for a newbie to make this into something way more complicated than it has to be. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
No worries man, we all get there, i do it myself once or twice a week throwing too much brainpower at something that could most likely be solved simpler on these type of projects. My favorite companies for gear is Stage 3 Motorsports, Built Right Industries and a few others, but they will be able to take care of most of what you're looking for for the F150.

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

That is true. There are plenty of suspension and wheels for the f-150, which is the most important part. I think my issue is I’m on the next phase, which is bumper with winch.

I’m struggling more on that one as all the options are just overly bulky and I get jealous of all the minimalist styles that the Tacoma and such have. The raptor also has quite a bit of options, but I believe they are different dimensions then a regular F-150.

Your biggest "problem" is your Ecoboost. I have an Ecoboost myself. If i want a Winch Mount Bumper i'm going to want to relocate the Intercooler. I'd go with a Full Race brand Inetercooler then the bumper options really open up after that. The problem is of course the cost, to do all that, plus bumper and winch your looking around $2k. There is a debate on do you really need to relocate the Intercooler and there are workarounds for sure. It's just comfort level of it all. I know i'm going to be towing in the next 2-3 years with the truck, so i want airflow and the bigger intercooler anyway.
Yea I have that in my budget for the build. It was definitely a shock when I initially did my research. Still scratching my head on why they placed the intercooler so low, but they have their reasons.

RCooney

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Cooney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3OXS

As a Raptor owner, I second that opinion. Such a pain and high cost. That being said, once the intercooler is raised, there’s a nice insert for winches for the stock bumper.

Trusty JK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culver City, CA, USA
Member #

Hello Everyone,
New Member and looking forward to learning and sharing. I'm in Southeast GA about an hour North of Savannah. Well versed in Survival, Prepping, Camping, etc. Lots of Offroad adventures growing up and time spent in the outdoors hunting, fishing, camping and practicing survival skills. Born and raised in a once-rural town in NC. Been in GA for about 3 years. Very Rural and I love it. Currently working on building out my 2011 F-150 FX4. Always has been a solid dependable truck and looking forward to setting it up to further my adventures and fun. Plans over the next few weeks is adding a Leitner Designs ACS Forger rack, RTT, Decked and accessories. Hopefully testing next month for my HAM license. (If the "Rona" going around doesn't cancel). My goal for my build is to have a well rounded set up for the adventure, bugging out and assistance with Natural Disaster relief (such as Hurricanes etc). I enjoy assisting my community in a time of need. Purchased membership earlier today, awaiting member #. Again looking forward to learning and sharing. I hope to find some folks in Southeast GA who are into the same and hope to one day be able to find the time to venture out of GA and enjoy time with others who I may meet on here. I hope everyone is staying safe during this time and YEEHAW!

I have finally started the build last night. Starting things off with a Leitner Designs ACS Forged System with some Accessories. Install was easy. Took about 3hrs or so. I took my time and it all went great. The fit, finish, and engineering of this thing is A++. Built like a tank. I think I'm in LOVE LOL. Ill have Vidjas of this build as it goes on too on YouTube. Next up is a Decked System and RTT. Maybe not in that order but we will see. This site is AWESOME by the way. Glad to be a part of it.

Trusty JK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culver City, CA, USA
Member #

NICE!!!!!! Been a fan since you were doing the battle box reviews on your own. And I just saw the video and noticed the Overland Bound Member tag on the truck. Welcome brother!!

Reactions: CURRIN1776

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

It's really not to bad getting parts for the F150, i think in the fullsize market it's most likely the most well represented in the aftermarket arena. I'd be willing to bet you'd do well to take the FX4 out and see what it can do by itself before you throw to much money at things that may not NEED to be changed.

Here is my bumper. It's made by mercenary Offroad. But I have a 5.0. You will need to relocate your intercooler if you want a winch in the bumper.

Attachments