Member I

Portal, GA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Currin
Member #

Hello Everyone,
New Member and looking forward to learning and sharing. I'm in Southeast GA about an hour North of Savannah. Well versed in Survival, Prepping, Camping, etc. Lots of Offroad adventures growing up and time spent in the outdoors hunting, fishing, camping and practicing survival skills. Born and raised in a once-rural town in NC. Been in GA for about 3 years. Very Rural and I love it. Currently working on building out my 2011 F-150 FX4. Always has been a solid dependable truck and looking forward to setting it up to further my adventures and fun. Plans over the next few weeks is adding a Leitner Designs ACS Forger rack, RTT, Decked and accessories. Hopefully testing next month for my HAM license. (If the "Rona" going around doesn't cancel). My goal for my build is to have a well rounded set up for the adventure, bugging out and assistance with Natural Disaster relief (such as Hurricanes etc). I enjoy assisting my community in a time of need. Purchased membership earlier today, awaiting member #. Again looking forward to learning and sharing. I hope to find some folks in Southeast GA who are into the same and hope to one day be able to find the time to venture out of GA and enjoy time with others who I may meet on here. I hope everyone is staying safe during this time and YEEHAW!

I have finally started the build last night. Starting things off with a Leitner Designs ACS Forged System with some Accessories. Install was easy. Took about 3hrs or so. I took my time and it all went great. The fit, finish, and engineering of this thing is A++. Built like a tank. I think I'm in LOVE LOL. Ill have Vidjas of this build as it goes on too on YouTube. Next up is a Decked System and RTT. Maybe not in that order but we will see. This site is AWESOME by the way. Glad to be a part of it.

Attachments

Last edited:

CURRIN1776

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Portal, GA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Currin
Member #

Today I installed a DECKED system. WOW What an awesome product! Great design and quality. Fits like a glove and is very solid. Looking forward to getting it all filled up with gear. I got the passenger side loaded with a good assortment of tools and potential repair items so far. To dark to take a pic of that so heres a few from after install.DSC05348__1587269791_66.172.87.186.jpgDSC05354__1587269769_66.172.87.186.jpgDSC05358__1587269735_66.172.87.186.jpgDSC05345__1587269814_66.172.87.186.jpg

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
That tent is amazingly flat! Are you able to leave your bedding or sleeping bags inside when it's closed?

Reactions: CURRIN1776

CURRIN1776

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Portal, GA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Currin
Member #

Dunno yet. Will see this weekend. Im sure to an extent. Probably not really thick stuff. This rascal is flat.... But so dang fast to set up and close. And still fit in my 9' garage door. Think its like only 7" thick closed. And no dang PVC cover to screw with.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Freaking awesome setup man. I live near Raleigh NC and have damn near the same interests. I do a lot of work with Team Rubicon too. 2013 FX4 for me. Looking forward to seeing this build andaybe see you on the trails or the beaches in NC!

Reactions: CURRIN1776

CURRIN1776

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Portal, GA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Currin
Member #

Freaking awesome setup man. I live near Raleigh NC and have damn near the same interests. I do a lot of work with Team Rubicon too. 2013 FX4 for me. Looking forward to seeing this build andaybe see you on the trails or the beaches in NC!
Thanks... I was born and raised in Fuquay-Varina and went to Louisburg College in 96-97

Reactions: Maverick9110E

rkcprimal

Rank II

Contributor III

Joplin, MO, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Crumpacker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0AKT
Thanks for posting your F150 build. This is the inspiration I needed. I like your color matched bumpers and mirrors. I'm a new member here and trying to work out what my rig will be. My daily driver is a 2016 F150 Lariat FX4. Mine, however, has chrome everywhere including the big 20" chrome wheels! It looks about as far from an overland rig as you can get. I am really on the fence regarding modding it or trading it for something a bit more off road ready from the beginning.

I think the F150 is a great platform with the 4-wheel drive system and rear locker you can engage in 2 or 4 wheel drive and I like the 3.5 L V-6 ecoboost. However, when I look at all the mods I would like to make to my suspension (mine has pronounced front rake), wheels, tires, bumpers, etc I wonder if all that money is spent in the best place. But, I love the truck. Ugh!

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Thanks for posting your F150 build. This is the inspiration I needed. I like your color matched bumpers and mirrors. I'm a new member here and trying to work out what my rig will be. My daily driver is a 2016 F150 Lariat FX4. Mine, however, has chrome everywhere including the big 20" chrome wheels! It looks about as far from an overland rig as you can get. I am really on the fence regarding modding it or trading it for something a bit more off road ready from the beginning.

I think the F150 is a great platform with the 4-wheel drive system and rear locker you can engage in 2 or 4 wheel drive and I like the 3.5 L V-6 ecoboost. However, when I look at all the mods I would like to make to my suspension (mine has pronounced front rake), wheels, tires, bumpers, etc I wonder if all that money is spent in the best place. But, I love the truck. Ugh!
It is definitely off road capable. There will be some trails that a full size will have a challenge, but for the most part you should be fine. All you need in the beginning is to get those 20” wheels down to 17” or 18”, some bigger tires, and you’re good to go.

As much of a pain in the butt it is to find parts for the F-150, it guarantees that you will have something different than all the Tacomas, Jeeps, and 4Runners out there.

Attachments

Reactions: Marine0811

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
It's really not to bad getting parts for the F150, i think in the fullsize market it's most likely the most well represented in the aftermarket arena. I'd be willing to bet you'd do well to take the FX4 out and see what it can do by itself before you throw to much money at things that may not NEED to be changed.

rkcprimal

Rank II

Contributor III

Joplin, MO, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Crumpacker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0AKT
It is definitely off road capable. There will be some trails that a full size will have a challenge, but for the most part you should be fine. All you need in the beginning is to get those 20” wheels down to 17” or 18”, some bigger tires, and you’re good to go.

As much of a pain in the butt it is to find parts for the F-150, it guarantees that you will have something different than all the Tacomas, Jeeps, and 4Runners out there.
You are right! You're rig is fantastic! Did you need a leveling kit or coil over lift on the front to get bigger tires to fit.

When you're new to all this, it's easy to get caught up in all the super tricked out rigs and think that is what is required. Thanks for posting.

rkcprimal

Rank II

Contributor III

Joplin, MO, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Crumpacker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0AKT
It's really not to bad getting parts for the F150, i think in the fullsize market it's most likely the most well represented in the aftermarket arena. I'd be willing to bet you'd do well to take the FX4 out and see what it can do by itself before you throw to much money at things that may not NEED to be changed.
Thanks for the reality check! You, of course, are correct. It's easy for a newbie to make this into something way more complicated than it has to be. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

That is true. There are plenty of suspension and wheels for the f-150, which is the most important part. I think my issue is I’m on the next phase, which is bumper with winch.

I’m struggling more on that one as all the options are just overly bulky and I get jealous of all the minimalist styles that the Tacoma and such have. The raptor also has quite a bit of options, but I believe they are different dimensions then a regular F-150.

I’m quoting out some shops to see if they can fab a more low profile style.

Reactions: Raul B