03 Grand Cherokee Overland Build

• HTML tutorial

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Also ordered parts for a rear tire carrier build in the next couple weeks. Debating on front control arms for this upcoming wheeling season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Also ordered parts for a rear tire carrier build in the next couple weeks. Debating on front control arms for this upcoming wheeling season.
Nice! Are you doing the fabrication work for the tire carrier?

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Nice! Are you doing the fabrication work for the tire carrier?
Kind of. I’m designing it but having a buddy do the welding. I bought the tire carrier kit from ems off-road. It was 135 I think with free shipping. Spare tire mount, latch, d ring mounts and spindle. I am going to use 2x2 .120 wall steel for the carrier. I’m following along to roamingtimbers build thread but may angle the tire a bit so it follows the angle as the back glass

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Well that was fast. The tire carrier parts were at my door at 9:00 AM! I ordered on Friday and since I spent over $100 they ship free. Awesome looking parts. Nice clean steel. Came with two stickers and a pen. Thank you @emsoffroad! I’ll look into you all for future projects.

Next step is to get some tubing. Might go tomorrow. Won’t be able to get this started till probably next weekend so really no rush on getting steel.

Reactions: Aussie571

Ronald Miranda

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

18.465161, -69.953888
Member #

Great build, really like the setup. And the wheels. I'm running the same in my WJ, but with stock 16" wheels.

I did the same front bumper led mount. They are great off road, on road not so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: tsteb112

Old Griz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Idaho
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Clisham
Member #

Seafoam is good right before an oil change, but the MMO you add to the oil when you change it. I believe you add up to 20% of your normal oil capacity. for me, it was 1 qt MMO and 5 regular oil. You can also add it in the gas. It's been around for ages and I have zero complaints. It's actually helped with lifter tick.
I use MMO In my air tools as well.

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Great build, really like the setup. And the wheels. I'm running the same with my WJ, but with stock 16" wheels.

I did the same front bumper led mount. They are great off road, on road not so much.
Thank you. I love the led lights on the road as I can use them with low beams. I tend not to because they can be annoying to some but if I’m alone I will and the produce great light output.

Reactions: Ronald Miranda

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
I use MMO In my air tools as well.
That’s a cool use for it. The Overland package includes:
The HO engine with 30 more HP and torque pounds
Exclusive rock rails
Leather/suede heated seats
Embroidered floor mats with Overland logo
Color match front and rear bumpers
Tow package
Fog lights
Akebono calipers
Dana 44a rear axle
Vari lok front and rear (acts like lsd)
545 transmission
Rain Sense wipers
Side curtain air bags
Special 17. x 7.5 wheels, standard:
Cast Aluminum Hammerhead (2002)
Rogue Cast Aluminum (2003)
Tires - P235/65R-17 Wrangler SR-A all-terrain OWL tires
Up Country Suspension package
Skid Plate Group (3 plates plus chrome tow hooks)
Woodgrain (real redwood) for upper half steering wheel and interior accents
Options:

Adjustable Pedals
Roof cross rails
Tire Pressure Monitor System
Trailer tow package class IV

These are what mine has. I don’t have nav or the engine block heater but I think those are the only two I’m missing

Reactions: Old Griz

Ronald Miranda

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

18.465161, -69.953888
Member #

Thank you. I love the led lights on the road as I can use them with low beams. I tend not to because they can be annoying to some but if I’m alone I will and the produce great light output.

Yeah! Thats the problem. The hit hard on the other drivers. But I love them.

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
I have been adding it into the crankcase and fuel for some time on both vehicles. Works great! I think it's better than SeaFoam and it's cheap!
I didn’t know you could use it in fuel. I use the seafoam in the fuel and it seems to work well

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Received my jks sway bar discos from kolak today! They look great. Hopefully they last longer than the rough country ones that have crumbled in 10 months. The bushings have literally fallen apart.

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Tomorrow I’m going to recenter the wheel, fix some wiring that looks awful currently, install the jks quicker discos, clean off the dash and maybe get the tires rotated. After all that I might try to figure out a switch panel.... hmm

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Well got to a few things this past weekend. Installed the JKS quicker disconnects. Much more quiet than the worn out rough country ones from last year. Then I cleaned up some wiring with wire loom and zip ties. I adjusted my headlights so they are a little lower, then pulled the grille to remove the chrome rings and to replace the old grille with mesh. I can’t decide if I should paint the rings black or leave them chrome or just leave them off.

Reactions: Aussie571

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Yesterday I found gutter guard and started working on making a mesh grille. It’s about done. All zip ties will be hidden as well as between each of the slots. I dremeled the edges down so they’d be kinda smooth and I’m going to hit it with a coat of paint.