What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Ozarkian

Rank 0

Contributor I

Greenwood, AR, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
Mcgrath
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5OEA
It's always something! I just got done dropping a bunch into mechanicals that needed attention, but next up is some new shocks, diff breather extensions, a snorkel, and some new lights.

Shocks:
My Bilsteins are getting long in the tooth and I think I might try the Falcon 2.5's. It will prob be either those or Fox 2.0's. I have an Evo Enforcer kit but I cheaped out on the shocks when I put it on. Kings are for royalty!

Snorkel and breathers:
I used to live in the Sierras and it was mostly granite and dirt. Here in Arkansas it is a LOT of deep water crossings.I just re-did both of my axles and I am hoping to keep them clean and water-free. I am leaning towards the Rugged Ridge with Pre-Filter.

Lights:
I have had some PIAA 520's on for years and they have always been dim. I read some forums about converting them to HID and people saying it worked great... which were complete lies as it turns out. The HID's are literally worse than the halogen bulbs were in there. Back to the drawing board. I would love KC's but I don't think I want to spend the coin. I will prob end up with some cheap imported LED lights for how often I use them.

Oh, and I need a decent kinetic recovery rope and a...

Reactions: roots66

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
Our last purchase was the Group 25 Dual battery system by Genesis Offroad.

We have been putting it off for awhile, due to the cost, but once our factory battery needed replacement, we pulled the trigger.

So far, very pleased with the performance. We've ran a few short trips and then tested it on a 4 day camping trip at Cape Lookout National Seashore, N.C OBX. Held voltage well and we didn't take our solar. For that length of time, next time, we recommend solar to not damage batteries draining them like that. But, for running just the fridge and charging some phones, it did great.

The worry of not being able to start the vehicle wasn't on the list this time and allowed greater comfort.

We highly recommend this to anyone looking for a dual battery setup.

Happy Trails!
-BABE

Reactions: roots66

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Last thing I bought was a Noco jump starter. Already managed to use it haha.

Next up would be a set of Bilstein 4600 and springs to go along with them. Just waiting for payday...
Love my Noco! I've used it more to help strangers than myself!

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

The recent trend in my exploding things that didn't deserve it continued the other day. Couple weeks ago it was the plastic squirrel cage on my blower motor that I exploded by being careless.

The other day it was the 12v plug on my ARB fridge:

arb-12v-plug_6817.jpg

I'd just got back from lake camping for several nights and though I'd unhooked my trailer, I'd left my fridge (in the van) plugged into the 12v extension from the trailer.

I needed to go pick up someone the next day and just drove off, pulling the cord under the door rubber, exploding it. I'm not too bright sometimes.

So I ordered another one, which should be here this weekend.

I like these ARB 12v plugs because they have an end that unscrews so you can insert it with a stronger two prong connection and screw it into their surface mount receptacle that is direct wired (fused) to whatever battery you're using to power it. So many 12v plugs like this have a tendency to pop out when driving on dirt roads.

I may try to superglue this one back together to have a backup.

Next up for "plan to buy" is possibly a 250ah deep cycle AGM, maybe two, I found for a real deal from a local-to-me guy who has a pallet of them for a product he mfgs that lost sales due to the pandemic. So, though they're a year old, and have been maintenance charged, he can't put them in products now as new.

If I get one or two, it'll be fun to experiment with in setting up a new system in my van with different solar charging possibilities.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
The recent trend in my exploding things that didn't deserve it continued the other day. Couple weeks ago it was the plastic squirrel cage on my blower motor that I exploded by being careless.

The other day it was the 12v plug on my ARB fridge:

View attachment 200569

I'd just got back from lake camping for several nights and though I'd unhooked my trailer, I'd left my fridge (in the van) plugged into the 12v extension from the trailer.

I needed to go pick up someone the next day and just drove off, pulling the cord under the door rubber, exploding it. I'm not too bright sometimes.

So I ordered another one, which should be here this weekend.

I like these ARB 12v plugs because they have an end that unscrews so you can insert it with a stronger two prong connection and screw it into their surface mount receptacle that is direct wired (fused) to whatever battery you're using to power it. So many 12v plugs like this have a tendency to pop out when driving on dirt roads.

I may try to superglue this one back together to have a backup.

Next up for "plan to buy" is possibly a 250ah deep cycle AGM, maybe two, I found for a real deal from a local-to-me guy who has a pallet of them for a product he mfgs that lost sales due to the pandemic. So, though they're a year old, and have been maintenance charged, he can't put them in products now as new.

If I get one or two, it'll be fun to experiment with in setting up a new system in my van with different solar charging possibilities.

You are just "blowing up" this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Road

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

I know right , looks like I’ll start getting a lot more use out of all my pallet wood

You could buy a fully kitted out Earth Roamer with that.

On a side note, we just found out that anyone who buys a house with our builder has to agree that the price can jump $10,000 if cost of materials goes up. If the cost goes up $10,001, then the buyer has the option to back out penalty free. I am super glad we bought in June of last year (but didn't move until December).