What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Chuckem12

Rank V

Member III

South Florida
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Looking for a new travel grill..... something to take to a park or beach and camping.....small enough to move around and store easy but big enough to cook a nice steak or two while out.

Reactions: Roots66 and Sjo527

lhoffm4

Rank I

Contributor III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Last- 3" foam mattress & sheets for the RTT.
Next- tinted bed-liner to paint/ rhino-line the truck-bed trailer. Tan/black
Before too long- drop-arm axle w/electric brakes... For clearance and...brakes. Lol

Reactions: Roots66

lhoffm4

Rank I

Contributor III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
So much to buy..... for now, I'm researching Foxwing Awning. Any issues out there before I pull the plug? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
I have been eye-balling those and the overlanding shower stalls for a while...go big or go home! I’m not sure what make folks think they are made of gold-press-latinum but P.R.I.C.E.Y.!!! I’m planning to build my own. Have welder, will try before I buy... If I had money, I’d be dangerous! Ha! I do like the stuff coming out of Australia (Darchy rtts, awnings, etc). Seems durable. I can copy-cat fab up some batwing arms and brackets, just can’t sew for crap. I contacted a tent-maker and explained what I was looking for in a custom awning skin. I’m looking to have a 180 degree bat-wing with Velcro walls to enclose it. Also a matching shower curtain for a folding shower stall I will fab up at the same time. I’m guesstimating @$300-$500 for both with under $50 in steel from the scrap yard, and will make the frames myself. If I can DIY any of my gear, I feel that much more knowledgeable if it brakes down in the field and get a certain satisfaction if it performs as well or better than retail goods. Plus if I’m spending the same money, I feel I get more for the money I spend...

Reactions: Lanlubber

LostWoods

Rank IV

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Member #

Timbren bumpstops for just the rear since I'll eventually do Fox air bumps up front. Next will be some plywood once the price on baltic birch comes down (5'x5' is currently $80) or once they even get some stock. Need to settle in and rebuild my rear seat platform to integrate all the electronics underneath.

Beau Blakeney

Rank I
Adventure

Contributor I

Wellington, Larimer County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
Blakeney
Member #

SetPower AJ50. It's a 53L 12v fridge. Can't wait to use it. Next purchase is a hub tent, or RTT.
Let me know how you like it, I'm shopping for one now.
Seems like a good fridge, based solely on the reviews. I opted for the biggest one, as I have to keep food for 4, sometimes 6.

Reactions: Skrbrown and Jdsint

Roots66

SouthWest Region Member Rep Texas

Member III

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF / FEMA CERT
Reactions: Lanlubber

MiamiC70

Rank V

Member III

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
N/A
Member #

mamalone200

Rank III

Member III

Eastern Shore of Maryland
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Malone
Member #

The last thing I have bought overland related is a Noco battery-jumpstart-box-thing from the Amazon prime day sale. Monday I am dropping off my vehicle at a fabrication shop to have a winch bumper and a set of rock sliders made, so that will be my next purchase.

Reactions: WAYAWAY and Roots66

WAYAWAY

Rank V

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

The last thing I have bought overland related is a Noco battery-jumpstart-box-thing from the Amazon prime day sale. Monday I am dropping off my vehicle at a fabrication shop to have a winch bumper and a set of rock sliders made, so that will be my next purchase.
My fiancée picked up a Noco for me. I haven't tried it yet (thankfully).

Reactions: mamalone200

mamalone200

Rank III

Member III

Eastern Shore of Maryland
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Malone
Member #

Looking for a new travel grill..... something to take to a park or beach and camping.....small enough to move around and store easy but big enough to cook a nice steak or two while out.
I use an old Coleman grill for camping, but for trips to the beach I think something like this butane grill would be nice. I have a friend who lives in NYC who uses this (either on his fire escape or at a park).

Reactions: Chuckem12