What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Roots66

SouthWest Region Member Rep Texas

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

The recent trend in my exploding things that didn't deserve it continued the other day. Couple weeks ago it was the plastic squirrel cage on my blower motor that I exploded by being careless.

The other day it was the 12v plug on my ARB fridge:

View attachment 200569

I'd just got back from lake camping for several nights and though I'd unhooked my trailer, I'd left my fridge (in the van) plugged into the 12v extension from the trailer.

I needed to go pick up someone the next day and just drove off, pulling the cord under the door rubber, exploding it. I'm not too bright sometimes.

So I ordered another one, which should be here this weekend.

I like these ARB 12v plugs because they have an end that unscrews so you can insert it with a stronger two prong connection and screw it into their surface mount receptacle that is direct wired (fused) to whatever battery you're using to power it. So many 12v plugs like this have a tendency to pop out when driving on dirt roads.

I may try to superglue this one back together to have a backup.

Next up for "plan to buy" is possibly a 250ah deep cycle AGM, maybe two, I found for a real deal from a local-to-me guy who has a pallet of them for a product he mfgs that lost sales due to the pandemic. So, though they're a year old, and have been maintenance charged, he can't put them in products now as new.

If I get one or two, it'll be fun to experiment with in setting up a new system in my van with different solar charging possibilities.

You are just "blowing up" this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Road

CO.Ranger

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
H
I know right , looks like I’ll start getting a lot more use out of all my pallet wood

You could buy a fully kitted out Earth Roamer with that.

On a side note, we just found out that anyone who buys a house with our builder has to agree that the price can jump $10,000 if cost of materials goes up. If the cost goes up $10,001, then the buyer has the option to back out penalty free. I am super glad we bought in June of last year (but didn't move until December).

JimBill

Rank V

Enthusiast III

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

You could buy a fully kitted out Earth Roamer with that.

On a side note, we just found out that anyone who buys a house with our builder has to agree that the price can jump $10,000 if cost of materials goes up. If the cost goes up $10,001, then the buyer has the option to back out penalty free. I am super glad we bought in June of last year (but didn't move until December).
If this keeps up..... my retirement plan is to deconstruct my house and garage, then sell off the dimensional redwood lumber and land. A case where the parts are worth more than the whole (at least right now). Also may divert some 401K savings to planting fast growing trees on the back 0.4 acres as well. By retirement they may be worth some serious bucks. Oy Vey.

But in keeping this thread relevant, last thing I bought for overlanding was a nice Council Tool forged head boys axe, and at this moment the Tahoe is getting a new power steering pump and some evap work, and the next thing on the list is a replacement disk installed in my lower back.

Reactions: CO.Ranger

Joey83

Rank VI

Pathfinder I

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Just bought new aftermarket headlights for my car, I should have them in 7-10 days, after spending a fortune maintaining my car, I wanted to buy something that would cheer me up.

Here is a picture of them.

tunic-tec_LPOP30_W.jpg

Reactions: Roots66

DirtMcgirt

Rank I
Adventure

Contributor I

Virginia, USA
First Name
Cam
Last Name
M
Member #

Last thing I bought... ICECO VL60 refrigerator... it should be delivered tomorrow. Next thing, I think I feel a 5.29 re-gearing with lockers coming soon.

leeloo

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

got a 50 amp Lifepo4 6 kg to replace my 27 kg 100 AH AGM.
Priced dropped a lot.
Leaving for a week-end trip later today to test if it will hold up . In theory I should have the same usable capacity. We will see.

JoelIII

Rank V

Influencer I

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Installed new Bilstein 5100 shocks and OME 880 springs last night. I got just over 2.5 inch lift up front which is amazing cause the springs are rated to be a 1-1.5 inch lift. My factory coil overs must have been worse than I thought! I'm getting the alignment tomorrow but it already is a huge difference. Now to get the rear leafs replaced to bring the suspension to a more level position!
IMG_5681.jpgIMG_5674.jpg