You are just "blowing up" this thread.The recent trend in my exploding things that didn't deserve it continued the other day. Couple weeks ago it was the plastic squirrel cage on my blower motor that I exploded by being careless.
The other day it was the 12v plug on my ARB fridge:
View attachment 200569
I'd just got back from lake camping for several nights and though I'd unhooked my trailer, I'd left my fridge (in the van) plugged into the 12v extension from the trailer.
I needed to go pick up someone the next day and just drove off, pulling the cord under the door rubber, exploding it. I'm not too bright sometimes.
So I ordered another one, which should be here this weekend.
I like these ARB 12v plugs because they have an end that unscrews so you can insert it with a stronger two prong connection and screw it into their surface mount receptacle that is direct wired (fused) to whatever battery you're using to power it. So many 12v plugs like this have a tendency to pop out when driving on dirt roads.
I may try to superglue this one back together to have a backup.
Next up for "plan to buy" is possibly a 250ah deep cycle AGM, maybe two, I found for a real deal from a local-to-me guy who has a pallet of them for a product he mfgs that lost sales due to the pandemic. So, though they're a year old, and have been maintenance charged, he can't put them in products now as new.
If I get one or two, it'll be fun to experiment with in setting up a new system in my van with different solar charging possibilities.