What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

I know right , looks like I’ll start getting a lot more use out of all my pallet wood

You could buy a fully kitted out Earth Roamer with that.

On a side note, we just found out that anyone who buys a house with our builder has to agree that the price can jump $10,000 if cost of materials goes up. If the cost goes up $10,001, then the buyer has the option to back out penalty free. I am super glad we bought in June of last year (but didn't move until December).

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

You could buy a fully kitted out Earth Roamer with that.

On a side note, we just found out that anyone who buys a house with our builder has to agree that the price can jump $10,000 if cost of materials goes up. If the cost goes up $10,001, then the buyer has the option to back out penalty free. I am super glad we bought in June of last year (but didn't move until December).
If this keeps up..... my retirement plan is to deconstruct my house and garage, then sell off the dimensional redwood lumber and land. A case where the parts are worth more than the whole (at least right now). Also may divert some 401K savings to planting fast growing trees on the back 0.4 acres as well. By retirement they may be worth some serious bucks. Oy Vey.

But in keeping this thread relevant, last thing I bought for overlanding was a nice Council Tool forged head boys axe, and at this moment the Tahoe is getting a new power steering pump and some evap work, and the next thing on the list is a replacement disk installed in my lower back.

Reactions: 5280Ranger

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Just bought new aftermarket headlights for my car, I should have them in 7-10 days, after spending a fortune maintaining my car, I wanted to buy something that would cheer me up.

Here is a picture of them.

tunic-tec_LPOP30_W.jpg

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Just bought new aftermarket headlights for my car, I should have them in 7-10 days, after spending a fortune maintaining my car, I wanted to buy something that would cheer me up.

Here is a picture of them.

View attachment 201227
Nice. What type of bulbs will you be using?

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I'll be using H7 bulbs, I don't really care if they are halogen or LED, that's not important to me.
I didn't think it was either until I actually installed LED. Boy, the difference was amazing. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Reactions: grubworm

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

got a 50 amp Lifepo4 6 kg to replace my 27 kg 100 AH AGM.
Priced dropped a lot.
Leaving for a week-end trip later today to test if it will hold up . In theory I should have the same usable capacity. We will see.

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Installed new Bilstein 5100 shocks and OME 880 springs last night. I got just over 2.5 inch lift up front which is amazing cause the springs are rated to be a 1-1.5 inch lift. My factory coil overs must have been worse than I thought! I'm getting the alignment tomorrow but it already is a huge difference. Now to get the rear leafs replaced to bring the suspension to a more level position!
IMG_5681.jpgIMG_5674.jpg

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

got a 50 amp Lifepo4 6 kg to replace my 27 kg 100 AH AGM.
Priced dropped a lot.
Leaving for a week-end trip later today to test if it will hold up . In theory I should have the same usable capacity. We will see.
I am comming back with the promised test results.
After the test trip I am fairly certain that a 100 AH AGM can be replaced easily with a 50 Amp Lifepo4. Needs more testing in colder climates, lifepo4 does not like cold and there the perfomance drops, but for me is a non issue, I don't like camping in the cold and I don't do it. I know that the math predicted that, but sometime real life gets in the way of it. The lowest I had the battery it was at 75 % charge. Also, the charge time up to 95% when it ends the bulk cycle is absolutely amazing. From 75% to 95 % it with my redarc 1240 DC to DC took a bout 10 min of driving. The charging to full takes lot longer, either via solar or dc to dc, but it is fine, has no significant impact on the overall performance
This particular brand says it can be charged even at -10 Celsius. It is not one of the top brand, but it has a good rep.
Cost - I paid for my AGM about 3 years ago aprox 170 euro. This was 299. I think it is worth it for some with space and weight issues.

Reactions: Brewbud and roots66

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Just bought and installed 4 lights on the rails of the rig to have some lighting at night.
Not sure whats next but hopefully its a lot less expensive than this last purchase.

Chuckem12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Florida
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Looking for a new travel grill..... something to take to a park or beach and camping.....small enough to move around and store easy but big enough to cook a nice steak or two while out.

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Last- 3" foam mattress & sheets for the RTT.
Next- tinted bed-liner to paint/ rhino-line the truck-bed trailer. Tan/black
Before too long- drop-arm axle w/electric brakes... For clearance and...brakes. Lol

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
So much to buy..... for now, I'm researching Foxwing Awning. Any issues out there before I pull the plug? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
I have been eye-balling those and the overlanding shower stalls for a while...go big or go home! I’m not sure what make folks think they are made of gold-press-latinum but P.R.I.C.E.Y.!!! I’m planning to build my own. Have welder, will try before I buy... If I had money, I’d be dangerous! Ha! I do like the stuff coming out of Australia (Darchy rtts, awnings, etc). Seems durable. I can copy-cat fab up some batwing arms and brackets, just can’t sew for crap. I contacted a tent-maker and explained what I was looking for in a custom awning skin. I’m looking to have a 180 degree bat-wing with Velcro walls to enclose it. Also a matching shower curtain for a folding shower stall I will fab up at the same time. I’m guesstimating @$300-$500 for both with under $50 in steel from the scrap yard, and will make the frames myself. If I can DIY any of my gear, I feel that much more knowledgeable if it brakes down in the field and get a certain satisfaction if it performs as well or better than retail goods. Plus if I’m spending the same money, I feel I get more for the money I spend...