What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

SHEEPDOG 111

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Central Massachusetts
First Name
Michael
Last Name
C
Member #

So after our last get together with our OB group here in Colorado (June Jam), my wife and I have decided to change a few things in our camping set up. One of those things is our tent. We wanted something that goes up and. Tears down quickly. Also smaller footprint too. Considered several types even the Gazzele as well. It is apealling in many ways, but the cost, weight and space just doesn't make sense for us. We settled for a tent with similar characteristics too the tent you purchased, the only difference is the rain fly is normal and no extra window. Ours is a Coleman 4 person dome tent with dark room technology. ($85) We were a little apprehensive with our purchase at first because searching for reviews there was only two that we came across, and they weren't bad reviews but weren't entirely good reviews either. But there was about 75 reviews of the smaller 2-person version that were very good, that's why we went ahead and bought it. (I will probably do a review once we have used it enough to give a good impression of it.)

I did get the chance too try it out last Saturday night with my daughter, (for Fathers day she gave me one of the greatest gifts one could give, Time, her work is very demanding right now but she knew I want to hike a 14-er so we went to the Mnt Antero trail drove to a campsite and woke up early in the morning to set out for our hike) I didn't do a pre-trip set-up, just took it out of the bag and went for it. It worked out great. Pretty stoked about it.

There are so many other things we are revamping with our gear to save set-up time, weight and room, that I can't list them all. But it is really neat to have her get excited about getting out. She isn't going to go on every adventure but if I plan things right she will go a couple times a summer.
I'm pretty happy with the two person Coleman with dark room technology. Fairly easy to set up and for under 100 dollars it performed well. It fit a cot and gear with room to spare and held up well to a few thunderstorms in the Smokey mtn.

Reactions: JDGreens

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I'm pretty happy with the two person Coleman with dark room technology. Fairly easy to set up and for under 100 dollars it performed well. It fit a cot and gear with room to spare and held up well to a few thunderstorms in the Smokey mtn.
I have used mine twice now, I'm pretty happy with it too, I haven't had it in adverse conditions yet, but I'm very pleased with it's construction an ease of set-up,take down and storage. I'll probably write my own review for Colman once I have used it enough to give a good evaluation.

Andrew McGaha

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
McGaha
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4GKM
What's the character limit... :) Technically, my last purchase has been the components to build a relay/fuse panel, before that a Kenwood TM-D710G and Midland MXT400 plus antenna's, mounts, etc. Next, I'm looking at fridge/stove combo slides, Rotopax and mounts, traction boards... there is no end to the list, and that's just for one of my trucks - that sounds smarmy, but they are all older Land Rovers, so nothing super nice.

Reactions: RoarinRow

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
Next up for me is a dual battery setup or a Jackery 500. A dual setup may be cheaper and have more capacity. But a Jackery will have an inverter.
So my first next purchase will be a DC to DC charge Controller .Looking at the 20amp from Renogy.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Next up for me is a dual battery setup or a Jackery 500. A dual setup may be cheaper and have more capacity. But a Jackery will have an inverter.
So my first next purchase will be a DC to DC charge Controller .Looking at the 20amp from Renogy.
I have no experience either way, but I’ve read feedback on a teardrop forum about the vague instructions and lack of customer service on Renogy. I've been eyeing a Redarc unit myself.

Oklamopar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Kono
Member #

Most resent was a cheap amazon fridge, since We only go out occasionally and some times being out for a few days makes it difficult to find ice. Fridge 300.00 44qt. Most resent picture of purchased stuff was led lighting on my trailer. And the completion of the 60" drawer. Thanks and see ya in the forest108720225_10220809900771051_3800527004491314130_o.jpg.

Reactions: RoarinRow

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Baja Design Squadron R Sport's for the A-Pillars, in the amber wide/cornering pattern, Squadron R Sport's for the fog locations with a clear driving/combo pattern, and a pair of LP6's in the amber driving/combo pattern mounted on the bumper above the winch. The lighting from this setup from Baja Design is incredible! Incredibly clean, even patterns of light. Very impressed with BD's quality as well.

Reactions: SLO Rob