What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

another firearm, well it was purchased 2 weeks ago but we picked it up friday and took it out sat

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Decided I needed a good smaller tent for the upcoming Eastern Oregon trip.
We are going to cover a lot of remote territory so we will have more water, food, and gas on board than usual.
The WJ is gonna be packed to roof (and beyond) with supplies. The size, weight, and absolute need to be staked down has me leaving the loved canvas Kodiak tent at home.
Couldn't find a Gazelle T3 for under $440 - NO WAY I am paying that mark up. So I ordered this bad boy- Big Agnes Doghouse 4.
I like that it does not have a separate rain fly to mess with, has the ability to close off the vents if we end up in a sand storm (again!), and has fairly steep walls for a dome style.
Big Agnes makes nice stuff, so I have high expectations.

View attachment 165229

What do I plan to buy next? Looking like a ball joint (or more) for the Tahoe. This Thursday I spent 1k on it for other fixes so it is parked until next payday.
No complaint, it has 189k miles and I show it no mercy. Repairs are still a heck of a lot cheaper than making payments on a new depreciating asset (AKA new vehicle).
So after our last get together with our OB group here in Colorado (June Jam), my wife and I have decided to change a few things in our camping set up. One of those things is our tent. We wanted something that goes up and. Tears down quickly. Also smaller footprint too. Considered several types even the Gazzele as well. It is apealling in many ways, but the cost, weight and space just doesn't make sense for us. We settled for a tent with similar characteristics too the tent you purchased, the only difference is the rain fly is normal and no extra window. Ours is a Coleman 4 person dome tent with dark room technology. ($85) We were a little apprehensive with our purchase at first because searching for reviews there was only two that we came across, and they weren't bad reviews but weren't entirely good reviews either. But there was about 75 reviews of the smaller 2-person version that were very good, that's why we went ahead and bought it. (I will probably do a review once we have used it enough to give a good impression of it.)

I did get the chance too try it out last Saturday night with my daughter, (for Fathers day she gave me one of the greatest gifts one could give, Time, her work is very demanding right now but she knew I want to hike a 14-er so we went to the Mnt Antero trail drove to a campsite and woke up early in the morning to set out for our hike) I didn't do a pre-trip set-up, just took it out of the bag and went for it. It worked out great. Pretty stoked about it.

There are so many other things we are revamping with our gear to save set-up time, weight and room, that I can't list them all. But it is really neat to have her get excited about getting out. She isn't going to go on every adventure but if I plan things right she will go a couple times a summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimBill

rpagan1970

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cerritos, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Pagan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IYM
Bought the Rebel Off-road Blackout Kit for my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Hope to get it installed before my August trip up 395. I also have to get my Freespirit Recreation Adventure RTT installed too!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Decided I needed a good smaller tent for the upcoming Eastern Oregon trip.
We are going to cover a lot of remote territory so we will have more water, food, and gas on board than usual.
The WJ is gonna be packed to roof (and beyond) with supplies. The size, weight, and absolute need to be staked down has me leaving the loved canvas Kodiak tent at home.
Couldn't find a Gazelle T3 for under $440 - NO WAY I am paying that mark up. So I ordered this bad boy- Big Agnes Doghouse 4.
I like that it does not have a separate rain fly to mess with, has the ability to close off the vents if we end up in a sand storm (again!), and has fairly steep walls for a dome style.
Big Agnes makes nice stuff, so I have high expectations.

View attachment 165229

What do I plan to buy next? Looking like a ball joint (or more) for the Tahoe. This Thursday I spent 1k on it for other fixes so it is parked until next payday.
No complaint, it has 189k miles and I show it no mercy. Repairs are still a heck of a lot cheaper than making payments on a new depreciating asset (AKA new vehicle).
What Eastern Oregon Trip? How do I not know of these things?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
So after our last get together with our OB group here in Colorado (June Jam), my wife and I have decided to change a few things in our camping set up. One of those things is our tent. We wanted something that goes up and. Tears down quickly. Also smaller footprint too. Considered several types even the Gazzele as well. It is apealling in many ways, but the cost, weight and space just doesn't make sense for us. We settled for a tent with similar characteristics too the tent you purchased, the only difference is the rain fly is normal and no extra window. Ours is a Coleman 4 person dome tent with dark room technology. ($85) We were a little apprehensive with our purchase at first because searching for reviews there was only two that we came across, and they weren't bad reviews but weren't entirely good reviews either. But there was about 75 reviews of the smaller 2-person version that were very good, that's why we went ahead and bought it. (I will probably do a review once we have used it enough to give a good impression of it.)

I did get the chance too try it out last Saturday night with my daughter, (for Fathers day she gave me one of the greatest gifts one could give, Time, her work is very demanding right now but she knew I want to hike a 14-er so we went to the Mnt Antero trail drove to a campsite and woke up early in the morning to set out for our hike) I didn't do a pre-trip set-up, just took it out of the bag and went for it. It worked out great. Pretty stoked about it.

There are so many other things we are revamping with our gear to save set-up time, weight and room, that I can't list them all. But it is really neat to have her get excited about getting out. She isn't going to go on every adventure but if I plan things right she will go a couple times a summer.
Until you have actually used the Gazelle Tents, you won’t understand. They aren’t a Colman by any means... lot better materials used from the grommets to the rain fly... it’s a superior tent in every way except for weight... but with 1/4” poles and solid steal hardware, and the canvas how could you get it any lighter... btw, my 5’ wife cal lift our T4 Plus onto the roof of her 4Runner by her self.
E9B492A9-6319-43A6-A392-580BC9CB1699.jpegDAE967E4-4149-4511-8324-05F92BF3F263.jpeg

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Until you have actually used the Gazelle Tents, you won’t understand. They aren’t a Colman by any means... lot better materials used from the grommets to the rain fly... it’s a superior tent in every way except for weight... but with 1/4” poles and solid steal hardware, and the canvas how could you get it any lighter... btw, my 5’ wife cal lift our T4 Plus onto the roof of her 4Runner by her self.
View attachment 165658View attachment 165659
Probably true, but when I used the tent, the one thing that surprised me was how well made it was. The zipper is heavy duty not chintzy at all. It's a three season tent too. My main concern with the Gazzele is the weight. This tent weighs at least half as much, or even less. It's really not about being to heavy to lift but, how much every piece of equipment adds to my total vehicle weight once it all packed in the rig.

Last edited:

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

The only thing i dont like about the gazzele tent is that the floor is seperate and you get critters

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
The only thing i dont like about the gazzele tent is that the floor is seperate and you get critters
You know, your review made me think to watch for that issue... I didn’t have any critters... my corners were also double Velcrod.