What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

Need a med kit bag, separate from my ammo box kit...First Aid system, so i can carry more than the minimum 'load-out' of med supplies! What brand is yours, and the price/ purchase location.......thx
I think that might have been a question for me even though the pic was of the lockers. I found the bag on amazon for $9. Looks like it’s $12.95 right now. Watch it for a bit, it might go on sale again.

Empty First Responder Trauma Kit Bag

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I have a complete new set of PRO-COMP a/t 315's x 16 on all new steel 8 hole rims I bought for my 84 dodge but haven't put them on yet because I need a 2 " lift up front due to old saggy springs (???) . I haven't been able to find any 2" lift springs for it. All they sell is 4" and I don't need that much. I may need to have someone make special springs for me or have mine re-arched. Right now I have other projects that need my attention and money, soooo Later..
Can’t you use a 2” spacer and call it a day?

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I think that might have been a question for me even though the pic was of the lockers. I found the bag on amazon for $9. Looks like it’s $12.95 right now. Watch it for a bit, it might go on sale again.

Empty First Responder Trauma Kit Bag
I got a basic kit and had my Paramedic wife add to it!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Can’t you use a 2” spacer and call it a day?
I wish I could but my front springs are leaf springs. They don't make spacers for front leaf springs, only rear leaf springs. My truck is high enough, it's the turning where my tires hit the fenders at the front edge. I don't want to cut them, the truck is pristine. Pic. attached.

Attachments

MetalMatt1776

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lexington, OK, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Linthicum
Member #

I have a complete new set of PRO-COMP a/t 315's x 16 on all new steel 8 hole rims I bought for my 84 dodge but haven't put them on yet because I need a 2 " lift up front due to old saggy springs (???) . I haven't been able to find any 2" lift springs for it. All they sell is 4" and I don't need that much. I may need to have someone make special springs for me or have mine re-arched. Right now I have other projects that need my attention and money, soooo Later..
Shackle flip and/or longer shackle would be your best bet. Usually the cheapest route, has no real adverse effects and actually improves rides 9 times out of 10 . Do some research though, as usually any front lift will require track bar and drag link adjustments.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Rusty seems to do okay with this set up.

Yup looks like he’s only using his fridge in the inverter and flying solo. I see he also has the fridge unsecured. Maybe he puts a bungee when he’s driving. That would be mine concern as my set up is similar to his as far as inside the camper.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Shackle flip and/or longer shackle would be your best bet. Usually the cheapest route, has no real adverse effects and actually improves rides 9 times out of 10 . Do some research though, as usually any front lift will require track bar and drag link adjustments.
I have searched everywhere for 2" longer shackles which was in my mind the easiest way to get the clearance. No one sell them but I may go to a local machine shop and have some made. I may just make my own, I have everything I need except the steel flat bar. I was also wondering if a wheel spacer would help since the tire only hits when turning the wheel. I doubt that would work though. The shackles on a Dodge front end are on the back side and cant be flipped because they are directly under the frame. If that was able to be done it would lower the truck I think ??? I was thinking my springs were sagging so the other day I looked at several other dodges and found that all of them had springs that looked like mine. They are all weird and have no upward arch. They all have a reverse arch appearance. So now that makes me wonder if maybe an overload spring might be the answer. I do find such a beasty spring like that at Rough country.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
4 KC Apollo lights
LFD Off Road 7/8 roof rack
On board compressor
2 pelican 1500 cases
Swapped the map light bulbs to red
Hypo allergenic cabin filter
Air freshener
Case of beer
I know a few who will like the last the best. :-)

Reactions: TOMITOMATO

FFJOORD

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tierra Amarilla, NM
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Carrillo
Member #

I have searched everywhere for 2" longer shackles which was in my mind the easiest way to get the clearance. No one sell them but I may go to a local machine shop and have some made. I may just make my own, I have everything I need except the steel flat bar. I was also wondering if a wheel spacer would help since the tire only hits when turning the wheel. I doubt that would work though. The shackles on a Dodge front end are on the back side and cant be flipped because they are directly under the frame. If that was able to be done it would lower the truck I think ??? I was thinking my springs were sagging so the other day I looked at several other dodges and found that all of them had springs that looked like mine. They are all weird and have no upward arch. They all have a reverse arch appearance. So now that makes me wonder if maybe an overload spring might be the answer. I do find such a beasty spring like that at Rough country.
I have run into thaw same thing on my ramcharger. Since I have a snowplow on it I can't put much of a lift. Probably could use a new set of springs though.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I wish I could but my front springs are leaf springs. They don't make spacers for front leaf springs, only rear leaf springs. My truck is high enough, it's the turning where my tires hit the fenders at the front edge. I don't want to cut them, the truck is pristine. Pic. attached.
I can see, nice rig!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Yup looks like he’s only using his fridge in the inverter and flying solo. I see he also has the fridge unsecured. Maybe he puts a bungee when he’s driving. That would be mine concern as my set up is similar to his as far as inside the camper.
He also stays on pavement most of the time. He sold the frig. and battery for $250 (cost him nearly $700) later and bought a Casita trailer. Widh I'd watched him sooner than I did, That was a good buy. Hope you figure a way to make your work..
I have run into thaw same thing on my ramcharger. Since I have a snowplow on it I can't put much of a lift. Probably could use a new set of springs though.
Do they make spacers for your model Ramcharger ? In the old days when springs (coil springs) were a little saggy they sold some wedges that you could place between the coils that would bring back the stock height. I think they still sell them. The last time I had this problem was on the rear of my car. I bought air shocks and just added air that raised it up enough for tire clearance. That may be a solution for you as well. Just put the same amount of air pressure on each side to raise it equally. They may make an air bag for coil springs that would be better.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Black Rhino’s with KO 2’s

View attachment 101171
How do you like the KO2's. What's the diff between Ko2 and ko3 ? They look to fit your wheel well nicely. Do you have wheel spacers ? What size tire are they 315 /?/? .. The 315's I have are 315 R 60 x16. If I had bought the 70 series they may have fir better than they do and I wouldn't have the clearance problem I have. Do you have a name for that Beast ? I hope it's not Suzie Q .. LOL

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
How do you like the KO2's. What's the diff between Ko2 and ko3 ? They look to fit your wheel well nicely. Do you have wheel spacers ? What size tire are they 315 /?/? .. The 315's I have are 315 R 60 x16. If I had bought the 70 series they may have fir better than they do and I wouldn't have the clearance problem I have. Do you have a name for that Beast ? I hope it's not Suzie Q .. LOL
I love these tires, they’re 285/ 70/ R17’s. Next year I’m moving up to 315/70/17’s. Right now I think BFGoodrich is only making a mud terrain in the KM3 and I named it Destro, loved G.I. Joe as a kid

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I love these tires, they’re 285/ 70/ R17’s. Next year I’m moving up to 315/70/17’s. Right now I think BFGoodrich is only making a mud terrain in the KM3 and I named it Destro, loved G.I. Joe as a kid
285's and 315's are the same height, Right ? I want 285's for my Disco and they measure almost 33". The 315's I have for the Dodge are 33" also. but they are 60 series. Tire sizes confuse me. Are you looking for a wider tire or a taller tire or both ?

Reactions: Magic Mike

FFJOORD

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tierra Amarilla, NM
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Carrillo
Member #

He also stays on pavement most of the time. He sold the frig. and battery for $250 (cost him nearly $700) later and bought a Casita trailer. Widh I'd watched him sooner than I did, That was a good buy. Hope you figure a way to make your work..

Do they make spacers for your model Ramcharger ? In the old days when springs (coil springs) were a little saggy they sold some wedges that you could place between the coils that would bring back the stock height. I think they still sell them. The last time I had this problem was on the rear of my car. I bought air shocks and just added air that raised it up enough for tire clearance. That may be a solution for you as well. Just put the same amount of air pressure on each side to raise it equally. They may make an air bag for coil springs that would be better.
It's leaf springs on all 4 corners not coils but they have the blocks for the rear. Coils would be a better ride tho. It's fun but a rough ride