What do you look for on a shakedown ride after an upgrade & Build thread question

• HTML tutorial

Should I post a build thread when much of the work will be done by a shop?

• No

• Yes - I want to hear about it

• Yes - Only post Items you worked on / installed

• Yes - Post the items you worked on and details on your decision process for what was purchased

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Seeking the wisdom of the OB hive,

I'm getting the suspension upgraded on my 2006 4runner soon, along with new tires, removing Xreas, installing sliders, and installing the drawer system that my father and I built. With all of these changes what to I need to look for to make sure that everything is right before going on "a real trip"?

The alignment shop provides a 7 day / 100 mile check out period to find any issues. Other than drive down a straight, flat section of road and see if she drifts, what should I be looking for?

Thank you for your input!
Boort

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
In regards to your poll, who cares what anyone else thinks? It’s your rig, your money and your membership. Do whatever you want to do and feel good about it.

As for a shake down, I think it’s a good idea to at least trip to get on a bumpy road. You want to double check anything that has been bolted on to make sure it didn’t loosen up. Other than that, I’d just make sure everything feels right on the road. If anything feels or sounds weird, then investigate.

ASRussell

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Monroeville, PA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Russell
Member #

After any major mod or work you should always test it out and if something doesn't feel right you can diagnose the problem before you have a failure....It is better to find a prob before it becomes major or you are out on a long trip

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Depends on what was done, But mostly I want to make sure my rig is dependable. I try to always get under my rig after it seeing a trail to make sure everything is still nice and tight. especially what I just got through working on.