Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Installed the Maximus 3 side ladder onto my Rhino Rack with Backbone. Technically, it's only designed for the Maximus system, and even though there system uses the Rhino Rack Platform, the Platform sits in a different position height wise, so the ladder isn't sold to work on the Rhino's with Backbone.

Ended up making some small spacers to take up the height difference, and drilled my holes in the tub of the Jeep in a slightly different position to put the ladder closer towards my rear door. My point for running the ladder is so I don't have to carry the telescoping ladder for the RTT any longer. Less stuff inside. I think it turned out pretty well, and it gets the job done!

Attachments

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
View attachment 137343View attachment 137344
I've had these sliders since October, and that's right about the time the weather turned to rain. I don't have a shop/garage, so I've been waiting to install. Got ahold of a buddy of mine & we slammed 'em on this afternoon.
I love my WKO sliders! They've taken some pretty good hits too! Right now I need to give them a light sanding and hit them with some rustoleum to cover some of the places I've knocked off the powder coat recently. Gotta wash the X first though!

Reactions: Munga Brown

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Took a few minutes yesterday to cut the bent up 1 7/8" coupler off my little adventure trailer build and swap on a new 2" coupler. I just bolted it on with some GR8 1/2" bolts for now. I'm looking to do a tongue swap in the future if it works out like I want and I also want to be able to swap couplers on the road without having to get a welder involved should it get busted up.

I also found the mystery coolant leak on the X. Just happened to walk by while it was actively leaking and could find a track to follow back. Turned out to be a clamp loose on my heater pipe that runs along the firewall. Hopefully that'll get it taken care of for a good time to come!

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
Upgraded my starting battery to a H7 AGM with a group 34 spacer. 850 CCA, 140min RC and 80 AH is a nice jump from the stock 27F. Also installed a hold down that came with a Group 31 tray I've never used. Could have reused the original hold down, but it was corroded.
1580137434107.png

Increased charging voltage by 0.5 volt to make the AGMS's happy with a diode on the alternator sensing circuit:
1580137463861.png
1580137539012.png

Then I spent a lot of time on roads currently set to "Defrost"
1580137507883.png

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

I need this in my life... I keep forgetting to apply for it, then forget how to apply, it’s a viscous cycle.
Heya Mike, if you’re anywhere close (or the next time you go) to a National Park, you should be able to apply for and receive your pass on the spot. I received mine at Ft. Clatsop when we went to check out the fort & I casually inquired at the ranger’s pay counter. Don’t forget to get one for Oregon, too!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Heya Mike, if you’re anywhere close (or the next time you go) to a National Park, you should be able to apply for and receive your pass on the spot. I received mine at Ft. Clatsop when we went to check out the fort & I casually inquired at the ranger’s pay counter. Don’t forget to get one for Oregon, too!
I have the Oregon Park Pass. I just need the National Park Pass... Im filling out the forms now to have it mailed to me.

I just found a cool National Trail System in my Backyard that became number 3 on my trail bucket list... as I research it more, it might jump to number 1.

I‘ll be posting a trip planning thread on it sometime in the near future.

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Talk to me about your recovery boards... brand, where you got them, and will they work as a bridging device?
Billet 4x4. Amazon find. Would possibly work for bridging, but really depends on situation and rig weight. Their footprint and material is unbeatable for standard recovery and longevity.

Reactions: M Rose