Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I don't look at trucks and think anything about them unless they are on the road or on the trails. I don't think anyone else does either. A truck is built to carry things of all sorts so why would anyone give you a second thought because of a roof rack ? The only reason I take mine off is the car wash equipment doesn't like it too much and it get cleaner when washed without it. I cant hand wash anymore so I have to take it to a car wash. :-) Good looking truck by the way !
I’ve been contemplating the removal for awhile. It one of those mods that I look at and if I haven’t used it in awhile then I take it off. I recently did the same thing to my storage boxes. Thanks Jim always appreciate your honest feedback.

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

I put some new pads/rotors on my son's WJ, along with a set of rims/tires off a 2020 JL Wrangler Sport. I picked up all 5 for $300 when the guy upgraded to 33's and Rubicon rims. They only have 5k miles on them. They are Bridgestone Dueler AT's, so they are a nice upgrade over the old Goodyear street tires. I'll do the rear brakes in the next couple weeks and then sometime in the spring we'll raise it up with a 1.5" lift. We're also looking at a new stereo for navigation, with Android Auto/Apple Carplay. There will also be a roof rack before too long, as well.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
DIdn't do much... Changed the oil on the Jeep and the Sierra. Re-torqued the front suspension on the jeep and fixed a ground lug that failed. Wooo. Still chasing an oil leak on the jeep somewhere. :|

Virginiawilderness

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vienna, Virginia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Harris
Member #

New year, new fog lamps for the 3rd Gen.

Rachel and I had to replace the original Hella OEM fog lamps on our 4Runnrt to pass state safety inspection after we cracked one on a run at Peters Mill earlier this year. So, we opted for an inexpensive replacement and went with Hella 450’s to hold us over until we get an aftermarket bumper.

These OEM fogs are like unicorns, couldn’t find lenses anywhere! (If anyone needs one, hit us up) The install was pretty easy. We cannibalized the connector from the OEM lamps and plugged the new ones in directly to the existing wiring.

55F10850-D3D4-4160-9E98-9777BB63F08D.jpeg
FDD88EE1-E0F2-4F3C-8B4A-631A8E4FED32.jpeg
B8ACFCB8-E389-48A0-AADB-8AD6AD44F56D.jpeg

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
New year, new fog lamps for the 3rd Gen.

Rachel and I had to replace the original Hella OEM fog lamps on our 4Runnrt to pass state safety inspection after we cracked one on a run at Peters Mill earlier this year. So, we opted for an inexpensive replacement and went with Hella 450’s to hold us over until we get an aftermarket bumper.

These OEM fogs are like unicorns, couldn’t find lenses anywhere! (If anyone needs one, hit us up) The install was pretty easy. We cannibalized the connector from the OEM lamps and plugged the new ones in directly to the existing wiring.

View attachment 134891
View attachment 134892
View attachment 134893
The Hella’s look good there. I’d leave it.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Pulled both of my radiators out after finding a leak in the secondary one. Ordered up mishimoto primary and secondary replacements and going to do some preventive maintenance while the front of the engine is easily accessible. Just have to wait until parts arrive next week.

View attachment 134820
Where did you find a second radiator ? :-)

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I wish I was kidding about it having two systems. It’s for the intercooler, egr system, fuel and tranny.
Oh, okay I just never called them radiators but I guess they are . Fuel, egr ??????, didnt know they needed cooling too.

Installed my roofrack. Took about 30 minutes.

View attachment 134773

View attachment 134774
Appears to have an air dam, should help with wind noise. Mine sings but I cant figure out the tune, just know it's noisy.

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

Oh, okay I just never called them radiators but I guess they are . Fuel, egr ??????, didnt know they needed cooling too.

Appears to have an air dam, should help with wind noise. Mine sings but I cant figure out the tune, just know it's noisy.
Yeah I did a test run on the freeway at 80 mph, I wouldn't even know it's there.

I'm sure once I load it with fuel can, boxes, and other goodies that will change.

So far, even with the traction boards, there is zero noise.
20200111_123401.jpg

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Did some test fitting of a budget ventilation setup. A set of 3 speed usb powred Cabinet vent fans and a small piece of foam board. Plugs into my rear usb outlet.

CFM rating of both fans is enough to cycle all the air in the Jeep every minute or so. 20200112_161026.jpg

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

I parked it for awhile, seems the last trip, 1,500 miles or so in Baja, blow out the seals in the power steering gearbox. So until I can replace it, it is side lined. Our truck has Hydra Boost power brakes, which means I will lose the power brakes if I lose enough of the power steering fluid.

:disrelieved:

Baja 0354.jpg