Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Any write up would just be the same as the instructions. I can post some more pics of the progress if you want. I can't weld either, but i have friends who weld professionally and jumped at the chance to work with new and clean steel. What kind of truck are you putting a bumper on?
Yep I'd love to see more pics of the progress. I'm looking at doing a dual swingout rear bumper for my 4th Gen 4runner, probably next year. I'm probably going to just look at it as a reason to learn how to weld. Been on my list of stuff to try out for a long time. So hopefully by the end of this year I'll be able to acquire a cheap welder and start playing with it. That's the plan anyways.

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

Here are a few more pics of mu coastal offroad bumper build. The bumper comes flat in a box.

After the stock bumper is gone, the mounting plate gets bolted on the stock location
20190112_100002.jpg
Next is the 2 side plates in factory holes. Bolt to the frame then tack.
20190112_105045.jpg
The winch mount plate goes inand rests on a nice spot. No winch yet. Maybe later. Then the front plate. Fog lights ready. I had a set and he custom cut the holez my size.
20190112_110846.jpg
The front fairlead piece. The mid part is done.
20190112_111242.jpg
The wings are 4 or 5 pieces each. One side done.
20190112_113128.jpg
And the other side.
20190112_115030.jpg

That is as far as i got this day. Shell of the old bumper put back on with a few clips and a prayer until next time.

There is a front plate that goes on after some beads are layed. Then more beads and grinding and flapping.

More updates as the progress progresses.

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Here are a few more pics of mu coastal offroad bumper build. The bumper comes flat in a box.

After the stock bumper is gone, the mounting plate gets bolted on the stock location
View attachment 82036
Next is the 2 side plates in factory holes. Bolt to the frame then tack.
View attachment 82037
The winch mount plate goes inand rests on a nice spot. No winch yet. Maybe later. Then the front plate. Fog lights ready. I had a set and he custom cut the holez my size.
View attachment 82038
The front fairlead piece. The mid part is done.
View attachment 82039
The wings are 4 or 5 pieces each. One side done.
View attachment 82040
And the other side.
View attachment 82041

That is as far as i got this day. Shell of the old bumper put back on with a few clips and a prayer until next time.

There is a front plate that goes on after some beads are layed. Then more beads and grinding and flapping.

More updates as the progress progresses.
Thank you for the pics! This gives me a better idea of the process.

Reactions: Rexplorer