Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Played around with some chalk. Just a quick test of tire pressure with the P285/70/17 Wildpeaks. General knowledge says that with a tire that has a lot more air capacity than the oem tire (255/65/17) may require less air pressure. So at 36psi-35psi (measured with a good gauge) I chalked the tire tread and drove back and forth on my driveway and then checked where the chalk had rubbed off. The fronts wore more evenly than the rears but still showed evidence of overinflation, particularly the passenger side front. The rears showed even more of the chalk still showing on the edges of the tires and were clearly overinflated. I'll do more testing when I have time but for now I felt ok with dropping the pressure back down to F33/R30 where I had it before the dealer raised it back up to placard levels (35psi).
Front Driver side was fairly close to evenly worn but the edges still showed more chalk. The photo makes the wear look more even than what I see in person.

Front Passenger side

Rear Driver side

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

I've had 7" light bars mounted on my roofrack for a while now. 1 on each side and 1 over the rear door. Today they finally got wired up.

Used the ol' through the roofrack bolt hole trick and a liberal application of silicone.

The wires from the front meet the wires from outside under a conveniently placed random plastic piece.

Room for 1 more wire if i go down a gauge. Maybe future front bar? Ran a second wire all the way back just in case.

Attachments

AVTA

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Westford, MA
Member #

No pictures but spent 4 hours trying to find out why the ECM had no communication after installing a switch. Turned out the main CAN BUS wires in the main harness snapped. That's what I get for trying to wire my lights the right way...