What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

When fully extracted, how much weight can that last drawer support? The 4th to last picture looks like it’s sagging.
Were you going to put a telescopic leg on the last drawer?

It’s a great looking setup. We’ll done
Thanks .... the ones I used to set it up are rated at 250lbs at 18 inch and im running the 24 inch now, wanted the 500lb 22 inch but out of stock will move this one over to the end once the other comes in LOL

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Fozzy325

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Started to redesign the back half of my build and took out the last top accessed storage compartment, now I’ve built a couple pull out drawers one for the camp stove and another to house the pots and pans. So now I won’t have all my kitchen sitting up on the roof rack [emoji1303] View attachment 78138View attachment 78139View attachment 78140View attachment 78141View attachment 78142View attachment 78143View attachment 78144
Thats NICE !!!! need to figure out wood working, unfortunatley I'm like the incredible hulk around it and have no patience

Reactions: David S

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I used it for work...

We used to have an '04 F250 V10 crewcab with a 4" lift as our work truck but it was huge and sucked gas to the tune of 9mpg. None of the office staff wanted to drive it and our lands stewardship team only drove it when they needed to tow or haul heavy loads. So we sold it and replaced it with a 2017 GMC Canyon SLE 4x4 like mine but dark grey. Now everyone uses the work truck so I'm still using my rig for work so I don't have to coordinate with everyone to use the work truck. lol There are definitely better rock crawler and overlanding platforms but for my lifestyle it's really tough to beat the utility of a midsized pickup. With an easy to remove rack system and RTT I can bolt on or remove accessories quickly and be ready for whatever life throws at me.

Attachments

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Started to redesign the back half of my build and took out the last top accessed storage compartment, now I’ve built a couple pull out drawers one for the camp stove and another to house the pots and pans. So now I won’t have all my kitchen sitting up on the roof rack [emoji1303] View attachment 78138View attachment 78139View attachment 78140View attachment 78141View attachment 78142View attachment 78143View attachment 78144
That's a really nice setup! I keep seeing these awesome drawer setups and its pushing me toward building a set for the X. Yours is one of the nicest I've seen! Where did you get the slides from?

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Do you have a build thread that I could follow? If so can you post or message the link?

Thelgord

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Harlem, GA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Lyons
Member #

Started to redesign the back half of my build and took out the last top accessed storage compartment, now I’ve built a couple pull out drawers one for the camp stove and another to house the pots and pans. So now I won’t have all my kitchen sitting up on the roof rack [emoji1303]
Is that MDF?

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Installed a Street Rays sway bar relocation bracket today. It's a nice kit for $27 on eBay. The bracket moved the sway bar down and forward. Now the sway bar sits at the stock angle and I'll have more tire clearance should I ditch the 1.25" wheel spacers for something thinner or new wheels.

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
The last two days: cut off Evo rock sliders so I can install poison spyder rocker body panels. Drilled 42 holes for the nutserts/ mounting bolts. Had a few spin/not line up that great. Cut the bolt heads off and glued them in place. Then beefed up the sliders by sleeving them with 1.5”x .25” wall DOM tube going the length of the mounting tubes. Not my welds, beautiful nonetheless. Extended the sliders about a 1/2” for more of a step. And it snowed last night.

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Reactions: George Elsaesser

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

That's a really nice setup! I keep seeing these awesome drawer setups and its pushing me toward building a set for the X. Yours is one of the nicest I've seen! Where did you get the slides from?
Thanks, I got them on amazon