What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

A messy day today, raining hard so get to work on the truck. Drain and refill the Transmission and Transfer case gear oils. Redline synthetic going in. Truck dripping water on me, oil spill draining the tranny with a skid plate on, pump blew the hose off twice shooting oil out. Oh the fun of it, love that gear oil smell. Now the rear diff fill plug is frozen in place so penetration oil galore and wait for tomorrow to get to it again. Getting ready for a gulf coast run after the holiday.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

A messy day today, raining hard so get to work on the truck. Drain and refill the Transmission and Transfer case gear oils. Redline synthetic going in. Truck dripping water on me, oil spill draining the tranny with a skid plate on, pump blew the hose off twice shooting oil out. Oh the fun of it, love that gear oil smell. Now the rear diff fill plug is frozen in place so penetration oil galore and wait for tomorrow to get to it again. Getting ready for a gulf coast run after the holiday.
It’s comforting to know that I’m not the only one...!

Reactions: Big E

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Lol, you guessed it, mounting a 40mm grenade launcher on the roof...

Nope, none of the above so far.
It’s a
1. map and compass holder,
2. Bear banger flare kit
3. Your safe
4. Fire starter kit
5. Firewood kindle holder
6. Chocolate bar safe
7. Emergency rations kit
8. A space and time portal
9. Platform 9 3/4

Reactions: JCWages

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

It could be most of those...

Can't install at the moment because I'm hiding a big Christmas gift for the kids in the V right now and it's blocking access to the install location, but maybe I can move the stuff tonight and get to it.

UPDATE:
Moved the stuff and did the install:
Can1.jpg
So the 1st gen CR-V comes with this fold down table in between the front seats with two cup holders, which is kinda meh, and one of the very few things I think they got a bit wrong with this vehicle, since the need to walk to the back row of such a tiny vehicle is kind of non-existent. The JDM table has two more cup holders that pull out the back and a box with a hinged lid, which is way better IMHO, but they're also mad money on Ebay and I just don't feel like shelling out that much cash for a little table with a box on it. So I decided to do this.
Can2.jpg
It's intended to be held in place with the bolts from the original table, which is fine except that they're too short. I bolted it in with two bolts I had lying around, and I'll go on Monday to buy some nice long proper sized bolts to secure it. I'll probably end up enlarging the holes toward the passenger seat so I can shift the box to the driver's side just a tad, as it's a bit too snug against the passenger seat. Not too bad for a first fitting, though.

When I bought this ammo can, I thought it was like the .50 cal and .30 cal cans that have a built in hinge, but it's not, it's a double latch. I felt like the simplest fix was to bolt the rear latch in place to act as a hinge. Works pretty well. Incidentally, my tire compressor kit (the green bag) fits right in with room to spare.

Last edited:

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

Can't install at the moment because I'm hiding a big Christmas gift for the kids in the V right now and it's blocking access to the install location, but maybe I can move the stuff tonight and get to it.

UPDATE:
View attachment 79787
So the 1st gen CR-V comes with this fold down table in between the front seats with two cup holders, which is kinda meh, and one of the very few things I think they got a bit wrong with this vehicle, since the need to walk to the back row of such a tiny vehicle is kind of non-existent. The JDM table has two more cup holders that pull out the back and a box with a hinged lid, which is way better IMHO, but they're also mad money on Ebay and I just don't feel like shelling out that much cash for a little table with a box on it. So I decided to do this.
View attachment 79788
It's intended to be held in place with the bolts from the original table, which is fine except that they're too short. I bolted it in with two bolts I had lying around, and I'll go on Monday to buy some nice long proper sized bolts to secure it. I'll probably end up enlarging the holes toward the passenger seat so I can shift the box to the driver's side just a tad, as it's a bit too snug against the passenger seat. Not too bad for a first fitting, though.

When I bought this ammo can, I thought it was like the .50 cal and .30 cal cans that have a built in hinge, but it's not, it's a double latch. I felt like the simplest fix was to bolt the rear latch in place to act as a hinge. Works pretty well. Incidentally, my tire compressor kit (the green bag) fits right in with room to spare.
Mounted on on my trailer, great tool box. Like you I bolted one side to make it hinged. Enjoy. Cool idea.

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

UPDATE:
View attachment 79787
View attachment 79788

Really like it. I was planning on doing they same thing for my truck when I get rid of the bench seat and go to buckets

Reactions: Fozzy325