Pueblo, Pueblo County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Berkenbile
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
So glad I got a re-gear and programmer, still got a CEL but no codes to show for it. I can clear the CEL and at about 65-70 it will come back on and either flash or remain solid, but it clearly is not affecting mileage or performance, it's not a big worry to me. Finally the lift struts are ordered and I plan on installing then this spring. Now looking at a roof rack+awning, possibly batwing style, I am unsure for now. Wish me luck...IMG_20181127_145052636.jpeg

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
What started as a simple factory roof rack removal on my 80, it escalated quickly and of course "while you are in there"
So removed factory rack and ribs
Decided it was good time to drop the headliner and sunroof
Then entire interior was removed so that it would be easier to wire up a few things and also insulate the trans tunnel.
Drilled a hole on the roof rack to install a code3 wire harness so that it would be easier to add LED lighting to the ARB roof rack
Once roof was drilled I sanded the entire top and covered the old roof rack mounting holes with stainless steel screws and sprayed with 4 coats of raptor liner.
Then I cruised over to @wits-end and purchased a few goodies from him. The biggest being the rear quarter panel insert. This made it easy to mount a few other goodies back there.
Installed my ham radio, sPOD, arb twin compressor and fuse panel.
Was able to track down a new carpet for the rig as well.
Everything is put back together and powered up, just need to decide on what type of LED lights to go with. The sPOD screen is held secured using the wits-end rear view mirror bracket. Ham radio is also secured using another mount system from wits-end that mount in the useless cubby above the radio

View attachment 77301 View attachment 77302 View attachment 77303 View attachment 77304 View attachment 77306 View attachment 77307 View attachment 77308 View attachment 77309 View attachment 77310 View attachment 77311 View attachment 77313 View attachment 77314 View attachment 77316 View attachment 77317 View attachment 77318 View attachment 77319 View attachment 77320 View attachment 77315
Very nice. Can tell a lots of love, sweat and maybe a few tears went into this. [emoji41]

Reactions: 9Mike2

93 80series

Rank 0

Traveler I

What started as a simple factory roof rack removal on my 80, it escalated quickly and of course "while you are in there"
So removed factory rack and ribs
Decided it was good time to drop the headliner and sunroof
Then entire interior was removed so that it would be easier to wire up a few things and also insulate the trans tunnel.
Drilled a hole on the roof rack to install a code3 wire harness so that it would be easier to add LED lighting to the ARB roof rack
Once roof was drilled I sanded the entire top and covered the old roof rack mounting holes with stainless steel screws and sprayed with 4 coats of raptor liner.
Then I cruised over to @wits-end and purchased a few goodies from him. The biggest being the rear quarter panel insert. This made it easy to mount a few other goodies back there.
Installed my ham radio, sPOD, arb twin compressor and fuse panel.
Was able to track down a new carpet for the rig as well.
Everything is put back together and powered up, just need to decide on what type of LED lights to go with. The sPOD screen is held secured using the wits-end rear view mirror bracket. Ham radio is also secured using another mount system from wits-end that mount in the useless cubby above the radio

View attachment 77301 View attachment 77302 View attachment 77303 View attachment 77304 View attachment 77306 View attachment 77307 View attachment 77308 View attachment 77309 View attachment 77310 View attachment 77311 View attachment 77313 View attachment 77314 View attachment 77316 View attachment 77317 View attachment 77318 View attachment 77319 View attachment 77320 View attachment 77315
Alignment after all tre replace
Pls comment my readout
Thanks

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Nothing, am still waiting on my next paycheck (will get it the 12th) so that I can get the alternator replaced.

JJsanchez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Juan
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6BAY
Did this 2WD conversion along with slee off-road lower control arms few months back as well. Now a days we travel a lot more on paved roads than off-road. Gained gas mileage with this mod as well.

Attachments

JJsanchez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Juan
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6BAY
The rig needed shocks and while i was in there i decided to go with heavier springs in the back. The rear was sagging a bit specially with camping gear and the turtleback trailer. The background in one of the photos was all smoke from the recent fires.

Attachments

JJsanchez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Juan
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign