• HTML tutorial

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Gonna like it, they are nice, but the wait time blows. I'm an odd duck and actually bought the armor before the truck. Good thing, mine was a little over 6 months for the front bumper. But they are nice. On the fairlead, did you do natural or black anodized? I went black on mine so it does not stick out like a sore thumb, but with the chrome grills most Frontys have natural may look good. Let us know when you get it and keep us updated on the install. Again congrats man.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
After a great day of wheelin with fellow TLCA members at Rausch Creek, I have spent the morning cleaning my extraction gear and my winch line. I'm thinking about washing my rig, but it's supposed to rain for the next 3 days, and I am pondering getting a new, easier to handle, and stronger winch line thimble.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I did the black fairlead over the black anodized bumper. I agonized for awhile over Shrock's "Gray" powdercoat since my truck is dark gray, but theirs is more online with battleship grey.

And yea, I got in on the tail end of a ClubFrontier group buy that had over 30 orders. I'll let you guys know how it looks next year sometime...

Reactions: Truckerbizz

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I bought the synthetic line hoping I can convert my steel line on my M8000. I'm hoping it's as simple as unbolt and rebolt.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I bought the synthetic line hoping I can convert my steel line on my M8000. I'm hoping it's as simple as unbolt and rebolt.
I hate throwing a wet blanket on your very good choice switching to synthetic line, but it just isn't as simple as just replacing your steel line with the synthetic. It's not.. at all.. The M8000 has the brake mechanism inside the roller drum. It gets hot and will melt your synthetic line... here is something everyone should read before switching.. I made the same mistake years ago, now I have a winch designed for synthetic line..... good luck. https://jeepjamboreeusa.com/3-hidden-dangers-in-switching-your-winch-to-synthetic-rope/

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

I hate throwing a wet blanket on your very good choice switching to synthetic line, but it just isn't as simple as just replacing your steel line with the synthetic. It's not.. at all.. The M8000 has the brake mechanism inside the roller drum. It gets hot and will melt your synthetic line... here is something everyone should read before switching.. I made the same mistake years ago, now I have a winch designed for synthetic line..... good luck. https://jeepjamboreeusa.com/3-hidden-dangers-in-switching-your-winch-to-synthetic-rope/
Good looking out. Something I did not know.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
yup,
Good looking out. Something I did not know.
I learned the hard way, I had an XD9000i and felt like a king when I installed 80 feet of Viking line on it... after using it on an outing I was cleaning the line the next day, spooled it out only to find melted line... Then I did my research :( I sold the XD9000i and got a Superwinch 9500 designed for synthetic. ( BTW, I did tell the guy I sold it to that it needed new "wire" line )

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

If your winch is operating properly it should only create heat on the power out function, not on short pulls. If your winch brake creates beat on pull, something is wrong.

Neutral line out solves this issue.

I did a small amount of research as well :-)

synthetic winch line FAQ

There are other articles out there that agree with this consensus, and a few real life users of the mod. I'm willing to take my chances. My winch is BNIB and the drum is spotless. New Hawse fairlead on that order as well.

Last edited:

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
If your winch is operating properly it should only create heat on the power out function, not on short pulls. If your winch brake creates beat on pull, something is wrong.

Neutral line out solves this issue.

I did a small amount of research as well :-)

synthetic winch line FAQ

There are other articles out there that agree with this consensus, and a few real life users of the mod. I'm willing to take my chances. My winch is BNIB and the drum is spotless. New Hawse fairlead on that order as well.
agreed 100% ---- it takes just that one time and whamo, melted line...

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Unfortunately, I was unable to finish my rear diff work, so my daughters and I just painted my wheels. :)

We kinda made it this weeks Daddy-Daughter time.

IMG_3872.JPG

E001087D-ACDB-455D-A1CF-720FE0A2F702.JPG

Last edited:

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Hand-fabbed (hacksaw and file) some 1" aluminum angle to replace the front seat cross members and put some Maglite clips in. MagLED on the driver's side, hotwire on the passenger.

Last edited:

norseman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kearney, NE
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Lundell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC0WWQ
View attachment 4305 Installed my fog lights, auxiliary lights on my bumper, thus completing, finally my 5 month long bumper project, I'm proud of it, but I'm glad it's over. Took way too long, too hard to find time for a big project like this. I'm pretty happy with he finished product though.
WOW, Very nice!