Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I installed the Baja Designs Squadron-R Pro amber wide fog light kit today. I got them through the Total Automotive Performance group buy on T4R.org. These things are crazy bright!!! I'll adjust them when it gets darker. I should have marked the height of the OEM fogs on cardboard to know how low to adjust them...

Here they are with the stock high beams, Xenon Depot HID low beam kit, and the OPT7 32" LED light bar on the Yakima LoadWarrior.

Last edited:

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

You'll love it. I've had mine for about a year now and it's fantastic. What setup do you have for the Gopro?
I really dig it. I went with 2 1" ubolt ball mounts an 2 2inch extensions. Attached to those are ram brand misc cell phone holder an gopro attachment. I really like it because I can unscrew the gopro and the ball is still in the same spot attached to the extension so I dont have to reaim. All the pieces are ram brand.

Reactions: toxicity_27

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

Looks good, Dave! Do you have a photo without the 'fridge? And what drawers slides did you use? I'm gonna need to make something similar for the 50 qt cooler.
The fridge is currently plugged and and staying cold for a trip to grandma's this weekend (and to test the voltage safeties, etc before any trips where we will depend on it), so I don't have a finished version photo with no fridge.

I wasn't thinking about documenting the build with photographs so I didn't really do a good job of that at all. The steel was mostly stuff I had in my pile. The drawer slides were abandoned parts from a project last year (I tend to keep stuff like that just in case I need them).

Two basic parts to the slide, the base/mount and the platform for the ARB.

The base: 2" 1/8th angle stock.

The platform: frankly I would have to put a caliper on the sheet metal to see what gauge it is, I don't remember, I think it might be 22ga but don't quote me on that. The sheet metal is there to finish it out and to give a spot to mount the tie downs and nothing else. The foundation of the platform are 3/8" 2" flat stock with 2" 3/8" channel stock. Thinks would be much better if I had used 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" channel stock though. I didn't exactly draw out the plan and measure everything and picked up the channel at Home Depot (of all places) because I didn't have it and didn't want to buy a full stick at my local steel supply.

The intent was that the drawer slide would fit snugly in the channel stock, but it's a smidge too narrow. I could have abandoned the channel steel and used some more angle stock turned around and if I had to build it again I would probably do just that. I ended up using spacers mounting the track so it would clear the slides.

Using the listed dimensions in the ARB manual I sharpied out the square shape on my welding table for the outer size. The ARB manual lists the feet's locations by measuring from the center of the fridge, so drew from that point, measured out the position for the feet and that was where two three flat stock pieces went. Quick measure for square, tack in place, cut the sheet to fit with extra room to bend up. I don't have a sheet metal brake so a piece of angle, some clamps and my table did just fine.

The slides I used are 36" full extension slides with a 250# rating, I don't remember where I bought them from, but I think I paid something like $40 for them.

F8Industries-AdventureWebSized-02-5.jpg
*Note, those aren't the slides I used in the finished design. Those were some others I had laying around that I used to help get it built while I tried to remember where I put the heavy duty slides.
F8Industries-AdventureWebSized-01-5.jpg
Poor man's sheetmetal brake and beer, it is against the law in 37 states to fabricate in your garage without a cold beer.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly