What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

What $10 on the Wish app at 3AM gets you... TRD headrests, belt pads, and seat crevice thingers.

Plus some center console molle panels (fenderbraces.com). Ham radio will mount where the tissue box currently is.

Rip-away trauma kit.

Installed the front bed-rail that Toyota should've shipped with from the factory in the first place.

FULLRUNNEROVERLANDING

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

NJ
Member #

Ha! That's so cool, packing up all the kids and hitting the beach. Cute images. The kid that seemed the most excited in the car was the first to zonk right out. You've got your own squad to teach, so they can help you with everything as they grow up!
Can’t wait until they’re out of car seats!! Most tedious part is moving all of them from the minivan to the 4RUNNER and back when the fun is over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Road

Overland A Far

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rocky Mountain House, Alberta
Member #

Well I got stuck! Went out to check on one of our campsites with one of my staff and WOW too much snow. About 2 feet of settled snow and the 6 inches we got on Monday and Tuesday. Made it in OK but when trying to turn around it was a no go - high centered. A bit of shoveling by Len and I to clear out the wheels, set the Max Trax and crawled up and out. Be a while before we get into that site.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Should wait tell I have picture to post, but here goes anyway. I was at my local junkyard to buy a part for my Nissan Pathfinder. They did not have the part I needed. On my way out the door I spotted a set of 4 Wild Country TXRs in 32 x 11.5 x 15s, for $300. out the door. They have about 50% wear left on them. Side walls looked good, so I will give them a try. This will be a good test on my new gearing without making a mistake in tire size, on new tires! Benz.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Almost done. There’s a meet and greet Saturday so it’s going to be done by then. It’ll still need paint but it’ll be done.

Hey now...you're covering up the Scuba sticker. :screamcat: and one other thing...how fast can you get to Reno to build me one. :tonguewink::tearsofjoy::sunglasses:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Are those strong enough to hold +/- 35lbs? No roof rack?
Not sure but my guess would be no from what I know about the Toyota bolts.

I do have a roof rack but my hard-shell RTT fits completely from side edge to side edge (K9 rack). I've been looking for a fastening system for the K9 that does not require bolting from the top since the RTT would sit on the bolt heads (not good for fiberglass).

If I can find something that works then that will answer my mounting needs for this product on one side and an awning on the other. Oh Me, oh my... what's an overlander to do. :weary::sunglasses:

Reactions: ScorpioVI

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Alright it’s all done minus the highlift rack and paint. It bolts on the left and right sides under the taillights through nutserts. We used 5/16” bolts. 3 on the passenger side, 2 on the driver due to interference issues. The bottom are 9/16” bolts I believe and there are 4 that tie into the hitch. It doesn’t move at all. I’m ecstatic and can’t wait to clean it up and get it painted.