theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

That does not look like a DIY. You may get orders coming in soon. Ha ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app
haha. thank you but...Well it was a little DIY (along with some others who know a lot more about what they are doing) project. Being a School Resource Officer has its perks nowadays. Especially when your High School has a Career Center which has one of the top welding classes in the area. The teacher who runs the shop and I are good friends so he has helped me out on several projects so far for the FJ. He put the bull bar on the front bumper and did the light bar mount along with making me a plate for my dual battery setup under the hood (next project).

next week he will begin measuring up for my custom roof rack...then sliders...then hopefully a trailer by fall. good to have good friends. lol

so I guess I need to modify my original post. Don't want to be misleading with my DIY acronym. Probably should change that to something else. Just didn't know what to call it.

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

haha. thank you but...Well it was a little DIY (along with some others who know a lot more about what they are doing) project. Being a School Resource Officer has its perks nowadays. Especially when your High School has a Career Center which has one of the top welding classes in the area. The teacher who runs the shop and I are good friends so he has helped me out on several projects so far for the FJ. He put the bull bar on the front bumper and did the light bar mount along with making me a plate for my dual battery setup under the hood (next project).

next week he will begin measuring up for my custom roof rack...then sliders...then hopefully a trailer by fall. good to have good friends. lol

so I guess I need to modify my original post. Don't want to be misleading with my DIY acronym. Probably should change that to something else. Just didn't know what to call it.
Nah. It's still DIY. I do stuff like that with my buddy at ft campbell too. He's the welder, I have the ideas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Installed a new battery isolator with the capability to connect the 2 batteries in parallel so I can use it to jump myself. The old isolator crapped out.

OB# 3805

Last edited:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
There's one in Reno!

https://www.westwinddi.com/

There's just something cool about drive-ins even though I do most of my movie-watching in those new-style theaters with assigned seating and reclining chairs.
I just looked it up. Thanks for the link. And they're playing a movie I want to see. Time for date night. :sunglasses:

Reactions: ScorpioVI

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
Removed my front air dam and underskirt/epas skid and installed my powder coated aluminum RCI skid plates for the engine, transmission and transfer case. Gas tank skid happens this weekend. Awesome stuff, super easy install. Took 1.5 hours to complete from unpacking to final torquing. Much improved protection, now to find som proper rock sliders.

763BDBF3-12D9-4D55-B13D-BA8C98D9D359.jpeg ADA4D41B-DB9C-463C-9913-7A510D87CEA2.jpeg BA53A8E0-00DE-4B46-88A3-819551DD8848.jpeg 7A1CF735-5C5F-4AF3-A729-274FC8FD71F5.jpeg CEC0D076-5933-40DE-A562-6F498DA0C417.jpeg E6F3A35B-0BA7-4E31-AE89-AA4F37229FF6.jpeg