First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

A few things completed recently:
• 4XGuard/JBA rock rail steps
• 4XGuard Belly Skid
• HiLift mounted to roof rack, since now have lift points on all sides.
• Changed RAM iPad Mini 4 tablet mount from X-style to new style. Much more secure.
• RoadShower upgraded

Whew!!
View attachment 53637View attachment 53638View attachment 53639View attachment 53640View attachment 53641View attachment 53642View attachment 53643

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app
Looks awesome! Great setup!

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Well it's done!!!!

Post lift by TerryD, on Flickr

It's taken a good bit to get it done, but with the help of my dear wife and a buddy who came over yesterday after I helped him hang his new HF antenna, it's finally done. I've been looking forward to seeing it on it's wheels again all week. I roughed in an alignment and it seems to drive ok. I think the tow is a bit high.

I wound up cranking the cam bolts all the way out and moving the ball joints out on the SPC's about a 1/4" from the fully inboard position. I've got to find a shop this week to get the alignment taken care of.

Parts tally comes in at:
SPCs
Fat Bob's coil over modified 5100s with 600lb/in Eibach springs and 1" Nisstec Spacer
New Moog Lower control arms
New brake pads
+500lb +2.5" Alcan springs
Rear Radflo shocks
PRG u-bolt flip kit
Timbren bumps (need to check length, may have to add spacer)

I still have a full set of stainless brake hoses to add, but it looks like the rear will be OK without them for the time being. I figured at this mileage they wouldn't be a bad addition either way.

I went ahead and ground the coil buckets till the UCAs would bottom out on the bucket with the ball joint all the way inboard. I shouldn't every have any issues with CBC or ball joint boot damage now...

Most of these parts were used and I want to thank everyone who sold me your junk cheap!!! I can't remember who I got everything from right now. I'd have to look it up.

Now to await my Shrockworks front bumper and try to find time to install my ARB compressor and finalize my radio install.

20180414_160920 by TerryD, on Flickr

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Went wheeling for the first time in months on a friends private property. We are currently making trails through woods on his property. Some of these were very tight for my long wheelbase wj and I made some contact with a tree that we later cut down. It should buff out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

472HemiGTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Prineville. OR
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

Spent the day with the wife out in the Central Oregon desert testing out the the upgrades to the pickup. Went to some cool obsidian flows that ran for hundreds of yards through the hills and just enjoyed being away and in the quiet.

WP_20180414_12_23_37_Pro.jpg WP_20180414_13_46_22_Pro.jpg WP_20180414_13_10_55_Pro.jpgWP_20180414_13_11_44_Pro.jpg

Not another person as far as you can see.

WP_20180414_13_29_25_Pro.jpg WP_20180414_12_30_17_Pro.jpg WP_20180414_13_48_17_Pro.jpg

An overlander that didn't make it back.

WP_20180331_10_07_10_Pro.jpg

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
A few things completed recently:
• 4XGuard/JBA rock rail steps
• 4XGuard Belly Skid
• HiLift mounted to roof rack, since now have lift points on all sides.
• Changed RAM iPad Mini 4 tablet mount from X-style to new style. Much more secure.
• RoadShower upgraded

Whew!!
View attachment 53637View attachment 53638View attachment 53639View attachment 53640View attachment 53641View attachment 53642View attachment 53643

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app
Nice looking rig. If you don't mind me asking, what brand of traction boards are you using?

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
Got my DIY awning pretty much finalized this weekend (the weather still stinks here). Wanted something that could support multiple configurations (3 different sizes), be self supporting (no poles) if the winds were calm, but also support windy conditions if need be , could swap sides as needed, be packed externally during travel and not get in the way of rack space for boats, and be removed entirely when not needed. Budget ended up being about $150 all said in done. I splurged a bit on the tent/tarp poles. Everything packs down to about 53" long.

Attachments

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Got my DIY awning pretty much finalized this weekend (the weather still stinks here). Wanted something that could support multiple configurations (3 different sizes), be self supporting (no poles) if the winds were calm, but also support windy conditions if need be , could swap sides as needed, be packed externally during travel and not get in the way of rack space for boats, and be removed entirely when not needed. Budget ended up being about $150 all said in done. I splurged a bit on the tent/tarp poles. Everything packs down to about 53" long.
That’s sweet. Do you have a write up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk