What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

jim lee

Rank V

Advocate I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Not today but this weekend! Setup and went camping in the low country of South Carolina

Here's my setup I took with me.
An idea for doing 12V power from the bygone (hippy era) sailboat cruisers. They (we) used 1/4" mono headphone jacks as 12V plugs. They are still readily available, easy to wire up and handle the current really well. The trick for reliability was to buy professional quality parts (Switchcraft).

I still have my boat wired up with 1/4" headphone jack outlets. When I get a piece of 12V gear I just chop off the silly cigarette lighter plugin and wire on a headphone jack. Power at tip, ground to the the body.

-jim lee

Sir William Goes

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Lexington, SC
Member #

An idea for doing 12V power from the bygone (hippy era) sailboat cruisers. They (we) used 1/4" mono headphone jacks as 12V plugs. They are still readily available, easy to wire up and handle the current really well. The trick for reliability was to buy professional quality parts (Switchcraft).

I still have my boat wired up with 1/4" headphone jack outlets. When I get a piece of 12V gear I just chop off the silly cigarette lighter plugin and wire on a headphone jack. Power at tip, ground to the the body.

-jim lee
Wow that's awesome trick thanks. I cut it off and went with a Anderson pole style

Sent from my SM-G892A using OB Talk mobile app

Last edited:

Joey83

Rank VI
Benefactor

Pathfinder I

Sandnes, Norge
Member #

Just picked up these shackles for my suv at the post office, they are rated at 10450 lbs each and that was the smallest load rating I could find. (They were alot bigger/heavier then I thought they would be.)20180410_171346.jpg 20180410_171707.jpg

Reactions: John~SWNM

TerryD

Rank VI

Influencer II

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham Callsign
KT4OZ
I spent some time in the garage cleaning up my lift parts a bit and organising everything since my last few pieces finally arrived. I'd like to get started installing it this evening if possible and hopefully be done by Saturday.

Reactions: Muller

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI

Advocate III

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

I guess the stuff that I had to put in my newly (DIY) built storage box made the drawers a little heavy to keep them shut while traveling down the road. And I don't have the fancy hinges and slides that the $1k models do so went down to the local Ace Hardware and picked me up a couple $6 latches to keep them closed. Really helps my sanity. lol
IMG_6709.JPG

Reactions: Hafaday and TerryD

BackcountryNomads

Rank I

Contributor II

Bellingham, WA
Member #

Swapped out OME 2864s for 2865's on the 100. No more saggy butt while loaded. Gave me another inch in the rear as well! Had to crank the torsion bars to match.
MVIMG_20180409_174327.jpg On that note, I have a pair of OME 2865's to unload that are only about a year and a half old.......

Reactions: Hafaday

TerryD

Rank VI

Influencer II

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham Callsign
KT4OZ
Lift has begun!
Both Helwigs removed
Both shocks swapped
U-bolts off both sides
One Alcan in

Started around 5, worked about an hour and a half between pumping up neighborhood kids bike tires, a nice supper the wife fixed and packing everything back in the garage to close up for the night.

20180411_195407 by TerryD, on Flickr

Cort

Rank VI
Supporter

Traveler III

Grand Rapids
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD8GQL
Nothing big, just started my roof rack system. Yakima base system with canoe carrier and kayak rack. I might add a mega warrior with extension. I’m not expecting to carry a ton on the roof. I may cut the bars down a few inches on each side.

18FF146E-1FAD-4338-8AA7-EECD5282BD04.jpeg