hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

15649 said:
The newer rams especially seem to fall apart in accidents, one of the reasons I’ve steered away from them the last few vehicle purchases.
If they do total it, you should be able to buy it from the insurance company. They you can either fix it or swap the parts over.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Update on #0012 Damn near total loss amount, but to be honest, no shops seem to want to work on it. Its not easy finding new parts on a 2000, apparently. I'm pressing the adjuster to buy back and take to a different mechanic or get him over to see the other mechanic that has a part truck of my same year ready to go. I may have a different interior color driver door, but for some reason, I just think that would add character and I'd be just fine with it!

It's being taken to a tire shop that has a laser alignment set up and that may just be the kicker if I keep it or not. Fingers crossed.

E

expeditionnorth

provided ham radio support for a half marathon

& then explored killington some afterwards

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I ordered a couple things for my F-150:

F250LD 2200# leaf springs

Stainless steel brake lines

They should all be here by Wednesday.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

These came in yesterday.  :0)

It's my birthday today and my wifes got mandatory fun planned out for the next two days so they just have to sit there a while.  :worried:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
16134 said:
These came in yesterday. :0) It’s my birthday today and my wifes got mandatory fun planned out for the next two days so they just have to sit there a while.
Happy Birthday @wolvee! Those look sick! The anticipation!

-M

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Thanks Brother @administrator To add a bit more pain to my torment, I got Stainless brake lines in the mail today that also have to wait on installation. :0)

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

#12 update... Bought it back as salvage. Found door and quarter panel that will be installed and painted. (Dinged up emblem looks awesome, by the way) new ball joints, bearings, axles, rear sensor, rear springs and weighing out costs for tires and sliders. It took the beating just fine and will come back stronger and better to continue with my build. A couple weeks (depending on paint shop) and we're all good to go.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I managed to take out two tires at once today. 315/70/17's coming up soon. Just filled up the tank yesterday too. lol

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Added some new gadgets to the JKU gate. A few QuickFist and voila. Got a new Gerber Combo Axe for my B-Day.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I just trying to get the suspencion of the Van sorted. As the tensioner broke, there was just no way to get it done on my own. At least not without getting very very upset.
Today new tensioners and we will have a next shot at it.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Well I had ti give up. Which doesnt happen very often. But hey, sometimes it is the way it is.
Anyway, the reason why to give up, is that with a basic spring tensioner set (three pieces) it just doesnt work. The new springs are way to strong to work with that stuff.

And the discs to raise the Van doesnt help eighter. But, giving up just meant, I just ordered a new Tool.

This tool will work, as it just has one pole, and it will compress the spring correctly. So, that will help so much. The only problem is that instead of having a easy week before we are going to have a Kids Run for a school in Holland which teaches multiple disabled Kids, I have to work untill the van is Ready.

Well, wish me luck so I can let these kids have a glorious day.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Received the Tool. Started today around 15.30 and finished the first side of the van at 20.00. With a break for dinner.
So within 4 hours I did one side. That makes a big big difference.
So one side is done, raised now by an inch so, yes Iam satisfied.
Tomorrow I will do the other side and I hope it all will be ok then.

Pictures and such will follow.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Good Job. I'm still only looking at the work I still have to do. Summer decided to creep up on me and 95* isn't eactly manual labor temps for me. :blush:

I can't wait to see the progress.

Mike

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Wax? Never heard of her. :0)

The Jeep looks great. What tires are those?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Tomorrow it will be replacing one of my Limb Risers. I'm going to make a "How to" video. I get a lot of requests for that!

M

Tim N Michele Davis

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Hartselle Al
Member #

Made a test run of my new to us tent to make sure it fit. Between it and our drawer/sleeping platform I built we are ready for cooler weather to really test it out!

Trotto17

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Costal South Carolina
First Name
C
Last Name
Trotto
Member #

Went out and tested the brand new 2015 Toyota Tacoma my dad. Just stock for now, seeing what she could do right out of the box per say. Check out the Video here! The