What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

sasirmon

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Built a center consol to house the Bully Dog programmer, voltmeter, usb port, and switch panel whenever it gets in. Picture kinda stinks I'll get better ones after it's installed for good. 

sasirmon

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Installed a Poison Spyder hood louver on the Suburban today. Didn't get to paint everything today but I'll do that tomorrow while I'm installing the center consol I built yesterday.

vicali

Rank IV

Advocate II

Just getting the Tacoma back together after a Frame replacement.. Had to have all my gear out and back to stock;

All set for another 10 years;

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

Had new front shock upgrade and rear coil overs installed. No pics as I was working while it was on lift, would have done myself but when you work at a shop labor is cheap and free time is rare. Pics would not have been that great anyway no cool lifts or anything, but the ride and weight handling should be greatly improved.

E

expeditionnorth

finally got my winch mounted after sitting here for 4 months in waiting, still need to install the synthetic cable & hook it up to the battery, preload the cable & I should be good to go

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
12748 said:
Just getting the Tacoma back together after a Frame replacement.. Had to have all my gear out and back to stock;  All set for another 10 years;  
Whoa @vicali why did you need the new frame? Are you near salt water?

Curious.

M

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

I refilled my refrigerant. Super easy and should have done it a while ago. 30 bucks and a$10 refund for bringing the can back to recycle. If your a/c  doesn't blow that cold, it was super easy. Also ordered new led bulbs for interior lights and gas shocks for the old lift gate. It's the little things! I'm thinking about adding an led light strip to the lift gate too.

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I got the new tow mirrors today.  :0)

I installed a new Expedition center console a few days ago but forgot to post.

E

expeditionnorth

both emblems arrived & got them onto the rig & M416 trailer

#325 for the rig since it has a 325 I thought that'd be odd & neat to confuse others

#326 for the trailer

& earlier went exploring, looking for a new class IV trail

Reactions: Reggiereps

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

During my week in Wales I had to change (garage) the rear axle. Actually the bearing and the seal was gone, but the seal wasnt available, so having a complete second hand axle was the best, cheapest and fastest option.
Made possible through my friends Emma and John and Simon who live in Wales and the UK and found and brought the part to me over 380km one way travel.
My deepest respect to these friends.

Reactions: Reggiereps

sasirmon

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Test fit the front bumper today. Should have it finished tomorrow and hopefully have it on by Wednesday.

vicali

Rank IV

Advocate II

Missed that one too Michael, sorry for the late reply!

Our Tacoma was covered under the CRC (Corrosion Resistance Coating) 'recall' for 05-08 Tacomas, it went in for that in November but failed the inspection. There was a 2" hole on the passenger frame rail, right beside the cat. Pretty common failure spot. So paperwork was filed and all the parts were ordered.

Fast forward to April and my frame arrived (they are tied to your VIN when ordered, so My frame came from back east to my Dealership). Everything is covered under warranty from Toyota, it's actually paid for by Dana, the company that supplied the frames. Cost for each truck is around $12,000 - frame, lower control arms, lower ball joints, brake lines, wiring harnesses, new TSB 4leaf rear springs, and anything else that breaks when it comes apart. It's a n awesome time to have new stuff installed, I had a new exhaust system put back on but you could easily have done suspension too.

I've heard as many as one in three are failing the inspection, parts for the work are in short supply and the current wait is somewhere around 4-6 months.. It's crazy but after it was done the truck is better than I've ever had it before (second owner with 150K km). Toyota certainly treated me well, I've got nothing to complain about.

sasirmon

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

<p>Changed the oil, filter, spark plugs, and spark plug wires on the Suburban today. Also got the bumpers mounted up. Should be getting to drive it home tomorrow after it's been sitting there for two weeks.</p>