• HTML tutorial

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I found a leak from my Windshield that's been draining water down the channel under my carpet.  Thankfully it's not getting the carpet wet and draining pretty quick but it's something additional I'll need to fix.  I was planning a new set of Generals and a Topper but this will need to be taken care of first.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

<p>4 new long travel shocks in, then small stuff. New bulbs, new gas shocks for the lift gate etc...and next up is copying @Steve and getting some light in the cargo area that's actually effective! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Tomorrow I'm going to head out and scout Hi Mountain Road and Garcia Ridge here on the Central Coast. I'll take some pictures...</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

sasirmon

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

<p>Got some pictures of the rear bumper today. Mounted and wired in the charging dock for my Streamlight, and mounted the paracord grab handles in the Suburban.</p>

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

<p>@Steven -what a great idea to use a paracord as an extra grab handle. Works, and there if needed. 👌</p>

sasirmon

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

<p>
14622 said:
<p>@Steven -what a great idea to use a paracord as an extra grab handle. Works, and there if needed. 👌</p>
</p>
<p>Thanks! I got them from a company called Paracord Nation they make all kinds of handles, mainly for Jeeps but these are a universal set that they sell and they only cost around 30 dollars no matter how long you buy them.</p>

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

<p>We went out with our local Jeep club on the weekend for "Go Topless" day.  We went through a couple of local counties hitting mostly back roads and unmaintained access roads.  We stopped at a small cheese factory, Rambling Road (fitting name for overlanders, no?) micro brewery, and a local peanut growing set-up then stopped along Lake Erie for a perch dinner before heading home.</p>
<p>The rain held out with only a couple of short spitting sessions.  We had 21 Jeeps with us so we looked like a parade running through some of the small towns.  A fun, family-focused day out.  Good fun.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I ordered some new Bilstein shocks for my truck. 4600's up front and 5100's for the rear.

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

I took the doors off and went for a cruise with Niner Domestic.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Bilstein shocks 4600's & 5100's
Axle seals
Rear Pads & Shoes
Upper & Lower CA & Ball joints
Camber Bolts
Idler arm
Wipers
Diet Coke
Royal Purple Gear oil
Wipers
Blinker bulbs
Brake lines

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I'm kind of irritated that I can't edit my post to fix a coding error especially since the forum doesn't give you an option to preview your post before posting. :0/ :0)

lets hope I got it right this time.

Reactions: 4Runner

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

5100's don't fit on the front of my F150 but they are longer for the rears greater travel distance.  Internally, they are the same shock.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

I took #0012 to the Body Shop because a guy was texting and driving and sideswiped it while parked in front of my office on a near empty street! There's a chance it may be totalled out, as the rocker is all wonky now. Really bummed, for a truck I've only had 5 months. #12 may look different in 30 days!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Ouch! Sorry to see that. At least the #0012 badge didn't get wiped off! (gotta stay positive...)

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

It may be totaled due to bent frame/rocker, but insurance will be letting me know. It's not easy finding a 4Runner with lockers, so I'll go with "fix" over "total" if I can. But, the Dodge Ram that hit it was towed off and I drove to the body shop. We'll see. Besides, if it's totaled, their insurance will give me a check and I can buy #0000 off @michael and @corrie so they can get that Unimog they so desire,

sasirmon

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

The newer rams especially seem to fall apart in accidents, one of the reasons I've steered away from them the last few vehicle purchases.