Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, WA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Removed the intake(finally), nice huh? Three of the valve cover bolts were finger tight on one side and two on the other. Not to mention two of the passenger side exhaust manifold bolts were loose..

I’m really hoping its not a cracked liner when I get the heads off.

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Rod,

It looks like there is something laying by the lifter journal, second from the back on the right...???

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Ran power from my SPOD back to the roof top tent and then fitted the roof top tent with LED strip lighting (dimmable, color selectable) and USB charging ports. Pictures to come soon on the build page. Been busy with lots of upgrades just haven't posted.

Reactions: stoney126

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

Extended braided steel brake lines front and rear. 7" longer than stock in the rear. about 4" longer up front.

Had to replace one of the hard lines from the lower end of the flexible hose, to the caliper on the passenger's side. The old one was seized up and stripped the head even using the proper flare end wrench.

Ran some Power to the bed too. For the record, the dust from drilling in the 2nd Gen Tacoma's composite bed is BRUTAL if you get it on you.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I spent at least 10 hours cleaning up my bumper, all with an angle grinder. My hands are still numb. But I got it primed and painted. I just need to drill some holes for the license plate, aux lighting and wheel well liners, the wire up the new fog light harnesses and I can install this beast. I've been working on it for 4 months. It's not perfect, but it would take me another 4 months to make it perfect. At some point you have to call it good enough.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

The 5.7 has always had more than enough power for anything I need to do.

I'm going for reliability over everything. Pretty much a direct replacement with new parts.

It will be interesting to have an '06 with a 3 year warranty though.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly