What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Lux

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys, just joined. Today I wheeled her :smiley:. Had a minor issue with the CV popping out of the front axle and leaking gear oil so we had to do a trail repair. I popped it back in and it stopped but something tells me something is wrong with the c-clip at the end of the shaft. Hopefully I can find a nice warm garage to do a full repair. I have a shaft and high angle boots ready to go in. Didnt get to do much snow wheeling before this happened because I decided to just park it and hop in with a friend to continue our adventure for the day.
image1-37.JPG
image2-24.JPG

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Hey guys, just joined. Today I wheeled her :smiley:. Had a minor issue with the CV popping out of the front axle and leaking gear oil so we had to do a trail repair. I popped it back in and it stopped but something tells me something is wrong with the c-clip at the end of the shaft. Hopefully I can find a nice warm garage to do a full repair. I have a shaft and high angle boots ready to go in. Didnt get to do much snow wheeling before this happened because I decided to just park it and hop in with a friend to continue our adventure for the day.
View attachment 41972
View attachment 41973
Sounds like you had a good time even with your problems. Welcome, we look forward to hearing from you more.

OB# 3805

Reactions: Lux

Knitron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Started digging into the grinding brake sound that came up last week. Looks like it's time for new brakes. Also got the gas spring installed on the tire swing out. Now it's stays open even if parked on unlevel ground.

OB# 3805

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Time for new shocks so time for an upgrade. [emoji12] [emoji106] Starting with the rears.

Sent from my "Smart Phone"

Reactions: Taco 16 and Jimmy P

FJ81

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California
Member #

Looks good! Where did you get those? If seen a few manufacturers websites that have them, but they look to be geared towards selling large quantities to industrial type companies. My configuration pretty much requires a custom rack, this would be great if I decide to rebuild the one I just finished.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I got them from Tnutz.com
They were reasonably priced too, precut and pretapped for 1/4 20 bolts. I went with 51 inch wide. Mcmaster carr and 8020 also sells them.

Six Actual

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Benicia, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wickett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA6XM
Mounted propane tank externally
Installed Vector Off-Road E-Dock and placed mounts for Phone, GMRS radio, Nexus 7 tablet, and Spot tracker.
Reset my Staun tire deflators to 22 PSI.
Mounted ARB rear awning
Made new antenna mounting bracket to accommodate new rear awning

Nice day of messing around with those never ending mods.

IMG_1699.jpg

Reactions: Sonarman and dziner

Knitron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Overhauled the brakes tonight and finally fixed the camber im the front tires from the lift. The local shops haven't been to bright on how to fix it without taking off the lift, and the GM dealer was super expensive. Just had to do it myself.....

OB# 3805