Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Checked up the fitment of the pieces of the aluminum bumper kit I designed. Going to weld it up Saturday.

OB# 3805

Reactions: Taco 16 and Jimmy P

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Installed a second battery to support the winch and other future add-ons. Got the bumper welded up, grinded down and started painting. Cold weather is making the paint almost impossible to dry :/ Stock bumper is removed waiting for the new one.

OB# 3805

MagnoliaOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Owens Cross Roads, Madison County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Installed a 100w Renogy Solar Panel and wired it to the Odyssey House Batt thru a Solar Controller.

Just undo two wing nuts and the 20lb gas struts prop her up and face the setting sun.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Do you happen to have a parts list? I have a front runner and have had thoughts of doing this.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: Rangervinny

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I have a set of these.. one of these.. still have to install.. and paid for but haven't picked up a DECKED bed storage system.. Going to get on the 27th..

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Why are the new shocks mounted with the rod down? I've always wondered this but have never done it..
According to Paul at PRG where I got the shocks, they can be mounted in either direction with or without the boot.

I went without the boot because living in a dry dusty part of the world i have had boots collect sandy abrasive type of material and figure the way it will fall away for the most part. If you look at a lot today the Off-Road racers in the area they run with out the boots for similar reasons. Plus they tend to fall apart after a while in the desert heat. If I still lived in the swamp I probably would have come to a different conclusion.

I inverted the shocks for similar reasons plus this protects them a bit more keeping the more vulnerable parts further up away from rocks and such.

I am sure there is plenty of debate to be had here and welcome it. This my logic on the decisions I made for my Xterra. Not really based on anything more than my own experiences.

Sent from my "Smart Phone"

Reactions: Scout