Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

I let my better half take it to work. Was kinda nervous watching her drive away.

She got hit in her xB a few days back, but still has work to do. I really need to get her a rental.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Had a little adventure last night blowout on the highway at speed Cooper Discoverer, didn't even miss a beat drove almost all the way home, a mile away she could take it anymore, had to lift her and full size spare shoe put on.

Today I checked and changed fluids and cleaned her out from all the spring-summer-fall adventure odds and ends that we usually clean out once we decide to stop going out.

Got new shoes incoming after our almost misadventure last night.

Keep it the shiny side up, Everyone!

Experience is gained through hardship.
Good to know...glad all is well. Did you go Cooper again?

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Made a bracket for the toughbook. This one I can use in solo position, and co-pilot position.

Solo position. I can see the screen without a problem and it keeps the windscreen free.

and now the co-pilot position. This one needs a little bit of adapting as my girlfriends knees are a bit close to the bracket. So it has to go up and gets a different angle.
Will do that tomorrow.

mark_themachinst_guy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Island, New York
Member #

A few days later, but over the weekend I installed front and rear Bilstein 5100’s. I set the front to a 2.5” lift, had an alignment done and a tire rotation. I also changed the oil, and changed the transmission oil to Amsoil GL-4. The 6MT loves it, shifts so much smoother.

I’m dying to hit some trails now, I love the new ride height! Feels much more like a truck and not an SUV.

Here’s a before/after pic of the Bilsteins.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I installed 2 new batteries last night. The old factory ones were about 3 years old, and I think the cold was taking a toll on them. I wanted to upgrade to deep cycles but wasn't able to find the right group size for my truck.

BackcountryNomads

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bellingham, WA
Member #

Just spent some money! Bought some Christmas presents for my 100 series.

Gamiviti roof rack, heavy duty rear springs, Foxwing awning and some upgraded headlight bulbs.